350z Misfiring and stalling

skidder

Hi all,

I have a 350z GT4 which I have had for 9 years. Never skipped a beat.

I have had a look through the forum but just wanted to confirm the issue.

The car on idle is nearly stalling and sounds pretty rough,

Occasionally I will try to pull off in 1st and it struggles as though something is blocked?

I need the air con on full otherwise it near enough stalls.

Check engine light is intermittent.

I got someone to read the codes and it states:

'System too lean bank 1 and 2' and 'Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected'.

I do have a small hole in one of the flexi on the Y pipe but i'm pretty sure this would not cause an issue like this?

I'm in Bournemouth so any recommendations or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by skidder
add info

35 minutes ago, Azurez33 said:

You’d be surprised with the hole in the flexi but yes probably won’t cause your symptoms, when did you last have it fully serviced? is the cam cover leaking oil? potentially could be the pencil coils a few might be gone 

Was serviced 13 months ago but I noticed today for the first time a little oil on the cam cover.

A little bit of oil on top of the cam cover might be just from where the mechanic spilled some oil, might need to look further to see if it’s been leaking? Are you fairly handy? air so might be worth taking some of the coils off the n/s that’s where my cam cover gasket was leaking oil into the tubes, did they Change the spark plugs on that service? 

2 minutes ago, Azurez33 said:

A little bit of oil on top of the cam cover might be just from where the mechanic spilled some oil, might need to look further to see if it’s been leaking? Are you fairly handy? air so might be worth taking some of the coils off the n/s that’s where my cam cover gasket was leaking oil into the tubes, did they Change the spark plugs on that service? 

Thanks for replying. No I'm not handy whatsoever. Pretty sure the spark plugs are due this time round.

I normally only do 5000 miles but this year I've done around 13000.

1 hour ago, Azurez33 said:

Get the garage to replace the plugs and ask them to check how clean they are/ any oil leakages, we at work have test lights so we can check whether the pencil coils are working properly 

OK thanks will do. I'll report back.