Auto folding mirrors

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Guys

My 2005 Auto Convertible JDM came back from MOT and now the auto folding door mirrors dont fold/unfold when locking unlocking the car. They have done for last 7 years without fail. What should I look out for please?

John

PS they still work individually if folded from inside the car but not by remote key operation.

Thanks...is that a tiny one that stays in or out as it is pushed to either be on or off? This one makes no difference to non operation. If thats the only one maybe just replace it with one thats known to work just to try? That button IS tiny and is the nearest to the steering wheel??

John

OK so it is the button to enable/disable auto dip function but its not working. Is there anywhere to get a wiring diagram of how its wired so I can get another button?

Anyone know where I could get another button? I am assuming that a UK dealer would not be able to jhelp as its a JDM part?

help please. John

Ok just got back shopping and whilst out I tried the following and now have auto folding door mirrors.

Key in ignition and switch on with mirrors in out postion on armrest.Operated mirrors in then out twice. Left in out position then ignition off. Locked door with remote and mirrors folded in:).

Unlocked door with remote after shopping and mirrors auto folded out:).

Went home and put car in garage ( using reverse but mirrors did not dip auto:wacko:.

Only no auto in reverse not working?

If thats what it stays as then that,s ok with me but I do not understand why it stopped?

It illogically to me appears that it has taken about 3/4 trips in the car to get the system (except reverse dip) to almost be back to original.? John