Olly's 370z Nismo - Finally, Updates!

Olly350z

2 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Did your floor mats come with your zedB)

Start / stop button took all over 2 minutes to swap over, very easy

Yeah it came with mats, I'm wanting to replace them with new (something I've always done when buying a new car, right of passage) however I was a bit shocked that they cost nearly £400 quid! 

• 3 months later...

Not much of an update or my extreme modifying ways as I'd probably like, trying to keep this one as sensible as possible at least for the time being. But, I finally tackled a job that's been on my list and that was to replace the front red lower trims on the front bumper 

My originals were probably fine by mosts standards but did have several large stone chips so with the relatively cheap replacements it was time to get them on. What an arse of a job! 

20210420_135136.jpg.6db47b1472b38a94eeedae5306908b66.jpg

You have to remove the under-tray, and then the lower part of each arch liner to get into each corner. Each garnish is held in place with three self tapping screws. You can see the colour difference clearly above

And done, a noticeable difference 

20210420_171456.jpg.fb065de6969e9495ee0a5123557708ea.jpg

20210420_171428.jpg.829c9275be36313b07bb85ed5d426363.jpg

My next modification will be an exhaust. Which exhaust however is proving difficult to choose. Currently stuck between 

Invidia N1

ARK grip

Greedy Evolution 

Each has there pros and cons and for the cost involved has to be gotten right. Having watched what feels like every video on YouTube it seems like not many have fitted full systems to nismos 

• Olly350z changed the title to Olly's 370z Nismo - Update!

So, updates! 

My search for an exhaust was put on hold as I just couldn't settle on a brand as it had to fit right and sound right. I'd looked into short tails but couldn't justify £500 quid upwards for essentially a quarter of a full system. However, when these turned up for sale for a bargain price, it seemed the sensible way to go

So, today I fitted the AAM resonated short tails. Took an hour to fit including removing the backbox. Fitment is spot on, they look great and sound great. Idle is a burble, around town is a nice rumble and cruising is comfortable. When you do put your foot down they do sing, maybe a little loud for my liking but they'll do the job for now

20210502_142516.jpg.b300f9b0422711781d8e5ec174f5bdd1.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not much of an update but for the first time in my car ownership I treated myself to a private plate. Got the old ones off as they were seriously stuck on, and cleaned up all the rear bumper and plinth. Photo below 

20210731_163632.jpg.ac0f3f47ab574aa1e6120a5201962aca.jpg

On Monday this week I dropped the car off at my local Nissan who did me a cracking deal as it was service and MOT time. They gave me a Nissan leaf as a loan car, eww.

20210814_123245.jpg.1ebb2b3bfa98094343876c0208c4283d.jpg

Full Nissan P3 service, supplied my own oil

Oil & filter

Air filters

Cabin filter 

Brake fluid 

Clutch fluid 

Coolant 

Gear oil 

Differential oil

Spark plugs 

Aircon re-gas

New wipers 

Passed everything with flying colours, I've known the master tech there for years and was very happy to hear him say its immaculate underneath and probably the cleanest one he's ever seen. Felt weird as got ganged up on by all the salesmen who offered me a pretty penny to let her go, I was nearly tempted. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My brother said to be patient and get a third Nismo. I thought Id get a GT Edition Auto for now. Picking up next weekend. Definitely coming down to the coast in Spring. Be good to go for a blast. Hope to have my short tails on by then too.

Ive seen it person, have to say the price you got it at was worth every penny. I think you should consider the oem nismo arch liners although its equivalent to having go faster stickers. 

What you think of the new Morimoto rear lights?

38 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Question 1 what coast are you coming down too

I think the head lights are nice but pricey imo

You seen the tail lights? with the sweeping LEDs? £550 or something. Yes the headlights are expensive id expect that price if Nissan did them lol

South coast. Under 2 hours away from London 

10 hours ago, RyanT said:

How does it compare to your old 350Z? Appreciate that’s a big question. 

From a personal point of view, the Nismo is night and day with the 350. Just better in every possible way. Didn't think it would be as big of a jump, but it really was.

For me now, the only logical step would be to a 911 or GTR. So on that basis, i'll be in the Nismo till my final day :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/11/2021 at 15:39, GranTurismoEra said:

I think you should consider the oem nismo arch liners although its equivalent to having go faster stickers. 

What you think of the new Morimoto rear lights?

Drop me a WhatsApp when you pick the new one up mate, would definitely be up for a meet up weather allowing in the spring! Glad to hear you're getting back in a Z again. 

Funny you should mention the morimoto rear lights, I've actually been chatting to them and have said if they make a newer OEM+ style then I'll have a set. I'm just not keen on the current clear funky style

On 29/11/2021 at 19:27, RyanT said:

How does it compare to your old 350Z? Appreciate that’s a big question. 

You're right, that's a big question. Remember that the 350z was a GT, and this is a Nismo. They are similar in places, and as willsy says night and day different in others. They're both pretty raw, especially around town. I actually prefer driving the girlfriends Audi A3 around town and it gives me an excuse not to indicate 🤣

But get the Nismo on a twisty B Road, a motorway and that's where you really see the difference come out. Cruising, it's probably the most comfy car I've owned. It's power, presence and road holding make you smile ear to ear. I've lost count the amount of photos taken as people pass because you just don't see Nismo's. 

Oddly, as nice as the recaros are, I miss electric heated seats. I've never owned a car where the slightest change to my seating position screws me over a treat, taking weeks to find that sweet spot again. Any time it goes somewhere, I tell them explicitly do not move the seat. Interior is definitely a step up, however it baffles me how such a new car does not come with better infotainment, like DAB radio. Again, another point for the Mrs A3. 

Power delivery is silky smooth in the nismo. You can town drive without it getting rowdy, and know when you want the power you need to hold on. It's connection through the steering feels light and agile, yet enough feedback to know its not all computer assisted. The gearbox is like cocking a rifle, with every change gliding in. The rev match feature is a cool touch, making those down shifts sound all the more cooler. 

I could ramble all day, so I'll summarise here. Do I think its better then a 350z as its also a properly "Jap" car? Yes. Do I think there are newer, better cars available for the same price, 25K? Also yes. But its charm for me is that its a "New Car, based on an old car". You have enough quality, toys, features and driving style to know you have a new car, but it feels old enough that you can be connected with what it's doing, without warning sensors beeping for beeping sake. 

I miss my 350z for sure. But would I want to go back? No chance 

20200410_180411.jpg.193e2dfc77abd04f45fc38b9c82cafe4.jpg

20200913_190836.jpg.0e9ed8aad38b9bf5d3f81d196287e35b.jpg

• Like 2

• Olly350z changed the title to Olly's 370z Nismo - Finally, Updates!