Newbie with 2007 350z Nismo

awesome.
pizza from costco! :)
it's also the only place to buy cheddar in Japan larger than 100g and very expensive so have done a few holiday excuses conveniently passing 100km ish away to do some cheese and pizza missions there.
they just aren't into cheese!

i ended up bringing 10-20kg cheese from mostly lidl or whoever's on special a few times. back breaker dragging those lumps around.
we always get a few large pizzas to take away. so big and so cheap. :)

no nsx's?

have been checking lately and looks like Japan still aren't letting too many tourists in :( would be there!

Danng, talk about doing it right! A nismo 350 in Japan. Is it the video or are the majority of those cars on the lot in great condition for the respective ages? Especially the 300zx's 

I really hope you do bring it back, wherever back may be as thats one hell of a story to tell

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2020 at 17:45, chips said:

awesome.
pizza from costco! :)
it's also the only place to buy cheddar in Japan larger than 100g and very expensive so have done a few holiday excuses conveniently passing 100km ish away to do some cheese and pizza missions there.
they just aren't into cheese!

i ended up bringing 10-20kg cheese from mostly lidl or whoever's on special a few times. back breaker dragging those lumps around.
we always get a few large pizzas to take away. so big and so cheap. :)

no nsx's?

have been checking lately and looks like Japan still aren't letting too many tourists in :( would be there!

Yeah Costco is place we can get a little of the things from back home, do love a trip there. I do the same, when I go home I take so much things back with me, unfortunately haven't been able to get a trip since Christmas  and not looking good for a trip anytime soon. Still no news on International flights coming with tourists, daily life here is back to normal, just the tourist places a little less packed, which isn't a bad thing at times.

Seem a few NSX around, stunning cars but cheapest one I have seen is 50k, oh if I had money :) 

On 20/09/2020 at 21:45, Olly350z said:

Danng, talk about doing it right! A nismo 350 in Japan. Is it the video or are the majority of those cars on the lot in great condition for the respective ages? Especially the 300zx's 

I really hope you do bring it back, wherever back may be as thats one hell of a story to tell

Its the video, some are in great condition but some need a little attention. The 300zx are in good condition though, I would have been very interested in buying one but after doing some research I found its hard to get someone to work on them who knows what he's doing, GTO was another option but due to same reasons went with the 350z.

The plan is to send it home, was always my plan while in Saudi (had 2013 Camaro SS) but my job in Japan came up so quickly, didn't have time to sort it out and selling was quicker option. Camaro was on finance, 350 is paid for, so there should be no issue :), Well just the 4k or so to go through the process of shipping, testing and on the road.

Had the car 2 weeks now, just back from a 1300km road trip, car done great on many different types of roads. I did face an issue on the second day, during a cold start-up, between 1500-3000 rev the car would shudder until it was warm, done this everyday and now back to the garage to be fixed, looking it up, sounds like its the VTC valves (If I remember right) Anyone have any information on that?

They gave me an unexpected courtesy car, a Nissan Laurel, its a beast and looks huge on these small Japan roads.

• Like 1

Have you had your oil gallery gaskets checked as well, just to be on the safe side? Probably the only other "known" issue that could cause you grief down the road

Good to see they appear to be looking after you, let's hope it continues 

Just now, Olly350z said:

Have you had your oil gallery gaskets checked as well, just to be on the safe side? Probably the only other "known" issue that could cause you grief down the road

Good to see they appear to be looking after you, let's hope it continues 

To be honest, had the car 1 day before going on a road trip with it. Then went straight in to working. Plan to send it to Nissan for a proper check over, would be more comfortable with them looking at it and then me taking it to the garage as if I found the issue :), if there us anymore.

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on for a while, been having a nightmare with the car.

Put the car back to the garage on 3rd October as had an engine issue, to this day still don't have the car back.

On idle the car is fine but when cold between 1500-3000revs the car would shudder for 3-5 minutes until the car was warm, after that the car run perfect. After doing some research I found this was linked to the VTC, the garage has just been giving me bull***t replies since its been there and now they want to do engine replacement, which I don't want as you don't know what your getting.

Pretty pi**ed off and so far had no solution for them to fix this in a professional manner.

Hi....

I guess it's gonna be a long 4 weeks lol,I'm also new but unfortunately I don't own a Z yet but will be hopefully I'm looking out for a 370 nismo pearl white so feel free to advise me what to look out for as your experience will be greatly appreciated 

Cheers

11 hours ago, Rob74 said:

Hi....

I guess it's gonna be a long 4 weeks lol,I'm also new but unfortunately I don't own a Z yet but will be hopefully I'm looking out for a 370 nismo pearl white so feel free to advise me what to look out for as your experience will be greatly appreciated 

Cheers

Such a beautiful car, I love the 370Z Nismo in White. 

Have barely driven the car and don't have a good deal of knowledge of them, couldn't be able to give you a great deal of information, I'm sure others will be able to though. 1 thing is for sure, make sure you test drive it before buying.

Ok pal....

Well hopefully some members could advise or even help with search in the new year,have fun when you get to put some miles in I'm sure you'll love it,I do like a v6 sound as had three 2,8 capris over the years

Stay safe

• 4 weeks later...