What car next

Azure350z

57 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Huge gobs of power I can live with, suspension that jerks you over the place when you apply that power gradually less so! It was anything but safe, especially in the conditions I drove it in. On a lovely summer day I’m sure it’s fine, but in mixed conditions it was shocking, and ESP can’t ever beat the laws of physics :lol: the M135i I drove straight after taking the M3 back was absolutely fine, and it’s not like that’s lacking shove either. 

That is bad if you thought that a M135i was better than a M4 for sure! The M135i has one of the worst suspension set ups of any BMW from what I've read! To be fair though the drive in the M4 I had was in ideal conditions, and I've read that it can be spiky in certain conditions. 

I felt very similar with the Z4M I had to what you describe though. It wasn't especially powerful or very torquey, but the suspension was so poor that you never knew where you stood with it. It nearly threw me off the road a couple of times and I just didn't get on with it(my E92 M3 was a dream for its ride/chassis/suspension compared to the Z4M for me). My Cerbera was predictable in comparison to the Z4M and that is saying something. :lol:

I thought that both my Z4M and E92 M3 lacked a bit of torque unless you were thrashing them, so the lower down turbo torquey nature of the M4 does personally really appeal to me(especially as a daily driver). Plus the M4 can be tuned easily if I did fancy more shove. I can't deny that the M4 really appeals to me for sure. B)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ekona said:

No good for a baby, you won’t get a pushchair in the nose without a hacksaw. But when they’re out of one, then 100% but go 997 instead :thumbs:

Good point, completely forgot about pushchair - you can tell I don't have kids yet! 

Edited by Rikz2004
Typo
  • Haha 1

At that budget and requirements I would find it very hard to look past the RS5. 

I daily an A5 and it’s the perfect car IMO. When I sold my 350, I was tempted to sell the Audi also and get an RS5 as an all rounder 

• Like 1

Not sure what baby seat setup you have, but I find having four doors an absolute godsend. For ferrying kids around, I don’t think I’d go 2 door coupe tbh so that’s worth thinking about too. Rules out the 4 series but obvs there’s always the 3, or many others too. 

If you go 2 door make sure you are decently flexible to be able to sit in the rear footwell propped up against the back of the front seat. I managed it ok in my R33 but that was when the little chavy was 1 year old and could be picked up no problem! Have to say 4 doors is a godsend.