350Z Vinyl Wrapping Questions ****

Drive-R

Hi all, 

I am planning to wrap my Z myself at some point in the next few months and wanted some guidance/advise from anyone who has done the same. 

I am debating around the price difference of 3M and Hexis Wraps. Is there much difference in the quality? 

I am also concerned that with my car being 15 years old i dont want the good condition factory paint to come off when removing the wrap at a later date. 

Is there much difference in the quality of each wrap? I have been told that 3M wrap has a 'self healing' ability? 

and finally ... is there anyone on here that supplies wraps or anyone that the forum recommend using for supplying??? always on the lookout for a good deal

Thanks all 

Scott 

1341826995_DSC_00422.JPG.f111ed5aabd33fa16b78ed0410ca2399.JPG

• Like 1

If you havent got any experience I wouldn’t even think of doing a whole car. Its knowhere near as easy as it looks.. My advice is PM Zippypooz on here as he a wrapper by trade with a reputation of being one of the best in the country. He will advise you.

Edited by Payco

Zippy +1 tends to all my wrapping needs! @zippypooz

Do bear in mind it’s not as easy as it looks and a bad wrap will result in it peeling away all over the car in a few months. If you find my VX220 project thread he recently did the screen surround, just that part done correctly with cleaning, prep, cutting, fitting and curing took best part of 3 hours, in terms of your question I believe he uses Avery vinyl.

I wrapped mine myself a few years ago using Hexis. Main reason was I had more time than money. It takes a long time and it is hard, but there's a good saving to be made if you perseve. 

Happy to answer any questions you have.