Lotus-less and looking for a 350Z

Hi all, always strange to write these kind of posts when one's new.

I've just parted with my S1 Lotus Elise after an 'interesting' 30 months ownership experience, and am now looking for the more practical boyhood dream car (after reading about the 350Z GT4 in Top Gear magazine back in 2004/05).

Drove a 350Z some years ago as a potential replacement for a Z4 but couldn't reach a trade in deal that suited. 5 years down the line and there's no trade in to worry about!

I've been monitoring the market for a little while, and my main criteria are:

• I'm not fussed about which engine, but if it's going to be £580 a year to tax, it better be the HR
  • Not silver (I intend to keep an old promise to myself)
  • Coupe
  • Manual

Anyway, slightly overlong first post just to say hi, and I hope I'll be about for a good while yet.

Cheers,

Simon

Just now, The Big Miester said:

All best with the search, always worth a look at the for sale section on the forum :thumbs:

Always better to buy privately from a forum member in my experience - I've contacted Roscoe as his HR looks to be just the ticket, just hoping it's not sold!

I know that feeling! It's no exaggeration to say that I spent more time working on my Elise than driving it (not for want of trying), some of which was things I wanted to do (suspension rebuild, Xenon headlights etc), the rest, not so much (2x new heads, cooling system refresh).

Can't be worse than that so this should be easy...

I went from a VXR220 to a 350Z, very different cars but that’s a good thing as you don’t spend an age contrasting them and wondering if you made a mistake. Good luck in your search, def HR and not silver is the way to go :thumbs: 

Thanks guys.

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

I went from a VXR220 to a 350Z, very different cars but that’s a good thing as you don’t spend an age contrasting them and wondering if you made a mistake. Good luck in your search, def HR and not silver is the way to go :thumbs: 

Absolutely agree and it's encouraging to read that as it's exactly what I'd thought. I had considered an MR-2 but thought that it's too similar in concept and would just feel like a poor imitation (unfairly). I'm going to take my time to find exactly the right car, at least in part because I'm a little 'once bitten twice shy' at the moment so will take some time to get into the mood to get back into cars.

22 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hi all, always strange to write these kind of posts when one's new.

I've just parted with my S1 Lotus Elise after an 'interesting' 30 months ownership experience, and am now looking for the more practical boyhood dream car (after reading about the 350Z GT4 in Top Gear magazine back in 2004/05).

Drove a 350Z some years ago as a potential replacement for a Z4 but couldn't reach a trade in deal that suited. 5 years down the line and there's no trade in to worry about!

I've been monitoring the market for a little while, and my main criteria are:

• I'm not fussed about which engine, but if it's going to be £580 a year to tax, it better be the HR
  • Not silver (I intend to keep an old promise to myself)
  • Coupe
  • Manual

Anyway, slightly overlong first post just to say hi, and I hope I'll be about for a good while yet.

Cheers,

Simon

how about in gunmetal looking for a good home 

:)

IMG_20200420_132859.jpg

Looks nice Andy, and the Jenvey ITBs are lovely (one of the things I fancied on the Elise but couldn't stomach the cost). Might be a bit much for a 'more practical' car (trading away some reliability?) and sadly it's silver...

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

Looks nice Andy, and the Jenvey ITBs are lovely (one of the things I fancied on the Elise but couldn't stomach the cost). Might be a bit much for a 'more practical' car (trading away some reliability?) and sadly it's silver...

yea i feel the same way about green :lol: but the itb's are gone almost stockish

IMG_20200611_111931.jpg.aecaa39af8840a7dc39c0d1bfbaeec06.jpg

Edited by andybp