Bought a new car; Going Green :)

Ian

Since the sale of my 350 a few weeks ago, I've been on the hunt for a more family friendly fun car. 

I had my heart set on a S15 Silvia, but the wife decided that the money raised from the sale of my 2 Zeds would be better used on getting things around the house sorted so we agreed on a comprimise and split the money.

So, its not quite an S15 but its close :)

nuAR5pl.jpg

Its a UK 200SX S14a, which underwent a full restoration about a year ago where all the rust was cut out and new panels welded in and a nice respray :)

Its got a few mods for me to build up on

JR3 17” wheels
Every bit of rubber in the suspension has been replaced with hard rubber or polly.
Engine & gearbox mounts also hard rubber.
BC coilovers.
Adjustable rear arms.
Front Mount Intercooler.
Battery in the boot.
Det detector.
Gizzmo boost controller.
Stage 1a chip.
Mongoose stainless exhaust.
Custom cold air box for Apexi air filter.
Whiteline adjustable ARBs.
Roll centre correcting ball joints.
Anti bump-steer longer track rod ends.
Quick shift.
SRB front splitter, the bumper is modified with extra plastic welded in to fill in the usual gaps left.
Custom front number plate holder, front looks factory perfect to anyone not familiar with an S14a, no big holes hacked into anything!

qqQ5kQy.jpg

cbnY7an.jpg

My initial plans are to change the wheels to something a bit more BBS LM like in gold, new exahust, install my HKS wideband gauge, get some Defi's. Longer term plans include a forged engine & big top mount turbo :) 

Atleast it's still a Nissan :blush:

• Like 13

Ello n welkom

Extremely hard to find an unabused, minimal rust example. Always loved the S14a, think even more so than the S15 when done right. For me the perfect combo would 14a exterior, 15 interior.

Back in the day, not long after I bought my Almera GTi in 08' my good pal bought a 14a and its was so nice. K&N filter, uprated fuel pump, intercooler with hard pipes, Apexi exhaust, blitz boost controller, tune and 300bhp

1811612560_DSCF15842.jpg.30b1e1c01c56a42feb851a563ab02f4f.jpg

1711055954_DSCF15632.jpg.52a80618aa27c11b73200ed9504c63a8.jpg

1907852455_DSCF15922.jpg.92bd02f3203a421134a8d9d5bff0352c.jpg

• Like 2

I absolutely love these and yours looks great! B) :thumbs:

I had one for 4 years(from 2002 to 2006) and I've genuinely not had another car that has been as much fun since! :drive1

Sideways is a way of life in these. Enjoy it. :D

A couple of pics of my old one. Mine had a full mongoose exhaust/decatted/adjustable actuator(boost up from 10psi to 16psi)/K&N/forge dump valve/running about 250bhp). :)

image-19_zpsc14890fa.jpg.2b6acd401ccb17dc58e56662e4bf6eb2.jpgimage-19_zps4e117754.jpg.9aa9c0020410119fafe9171651c40266.jpg

11 hours ago, marzman said:

How come you sold your Zed?  I thought you were in for the long haul on that project?

That was the plan, but unfortunatley having a young child means its hard to justify spending the time and the money on something that the 3 of us can't enjoy.

1 hour ago, Lee370Z said:

I absolutely love these and yours looks great! B) :thumbs:

I had one for 4 years(from 2002 to 2006) and I've genuinely not had another car that has been as much fun since! :drive1

Sideways is a way of life in these. Enjoy it. :D

A couple of pics of my old one. Mine had a full mongoose exhaust/decatted/adjustable actuator(boost up from 10psi to 16psi)/K&N/forge dump valve/running about 250bhp). :)

TBH, I was surprised by how well it handled, I came home from Shrewsbury down through Mid Wales and the car stuck to the road amazingly - I was half expecting it to be all over the place :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

When i worked for Camden Motors back in 98-2009, we had these as our demo's. Lovely looking cars, still are, fantastic to drive but you had to give them respect or they would bite you hard. I remember a colleague had an auto one and he went to overtake me, back end went but he did go past me.......backwards! he was shook up but ok.  Good old days! 

• 4 weeks later...

Done a few mods to this since getting it :)

I removed the cheapy Autometer boost gauge & installed a Defi BF boost gauge & contol unit, Personal Neo Grinta steering wheel, Works Bell Hub, Pioneer headunit, HKS AFK V2, changed all the dash bulbs to red, the inteior and boot bulbs to bright white LEDs & installed the 350Z aluminium footrest, brake pedal and clutch pedal. I also have the accelerator pedal to fit once I figure out the best way of fitting it

lwgQ68y.jpg

OxiVh9z.jpg

I've also fitted a Cusco carbon fibre strut brace & carbon skinned my fuse box cover
ERLYTAi.jpg

I've spent ages detailing it as the paint wasn't in the best of condition despite a respray. I've got it looking OK from a distance but I think it will need doing properly again in the future. I also removed the rear wiper & removed the rear spoiler - Looks a million times better without it - just need to find a spoilerless bootlid in green now so I dont have any holes

bDUrzIZ.jpg

I've also bought a Bullet Exhausts downpipe, I just need to get my wideband bung welded into it before I install it
HNmjuKZ.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Done a few more bits to the car over the past few weeks :)

I bought a heater control unit with LED lighting off one of the facebook groups

n8S5kuO.jpg?1

and a custom made oil catch can/washer combo tank and a Blitz air filter

945jM7I.jpg?1

Rest of my Defi's finally turned up, so i got them fitted along with the Uras gauge pod

djlsLZv.jpg?1

Also got the Nismo 380RS accelerator pedal fitted along with some new floor mats

Z8C4xB8.jpg?1

My Dmax LED rear lights are currently stuck in customs  I've also got a new Koyo radiator, Downpipe, Silicone hoses, Engine damper to fit while I'm off over Christmas

I've also just sound deadened the car to make it a bit more family friendly ready for when I get a louder exhaust

Edited by Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Added a bit more during my time off over Christmas

Fitted my new DMax LED Rear Lights

iGSli4F.jpg?1

JVPdCnd.jpg?1

New Koyo radiator fitted

VYuzQ5T.jpg?1

Audi R8 coilpacks & new spark plugs, still waiting on the new coil pack wiring harness to work with the R8 coils. Hopefully this will stop the intermittent boost issue where it feels like hitting a wall at 4K RPM

bLWQDSC.jpg?1

Purple Samco hoses

wzQ9Gad.jpg?1

Tomorrows jobs are to fit the above, cut the base of my new catch can for the FMIC pipework to go through it and drill new holes to fit some nutserts to secure it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been busy the last few weeks trying to get the S14 ready for when the nice weather comes back (and potential lockdowns ending!)

Its had a bit of a winter overhaul & I'm kinda at a cross roads with it at the moment.

Over winter, I've done the following to it;

Audi R8 Coilpacks
THL R8 Coil Pack Harness
Ignitor bypass harness
Torque Damper
GK Tech Oil Catch Can
Koyo 53mm Radiator
ARC Radiator Cap
Samco Radiator Hoses
Blitz LM Air Filter
3" Downpipe
3" decat pipe

0fLyjHU.jpg?1

Dmax LED rear lights

WB9vLHL.jpg?1
jgdGXWB.jpg

Rest of my Defi's fitted (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp & Boost) into the Uras pod

ndlVeCV.jpg?1
hPyhwt1.jpg?1

All tucked up waiting for the nice weather & an MOT

QpDXfoB.jpg

Now onto the cross roads, the wife has given the greenlight to get another Skyline but it would obviously mean moving the S14 on. Theres not a huge amount of S14s out there for sale at the moment & have no idea what to price it at given the spec of the car

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 22:36, ballistic said:

:clap:

Any pics? Look forward to reading about it mate!

XszGAyU.jpg

ive got everything to put her back together apart from a gearbox, rear diff and driveshafts. 

managed to get a good deal on an RB26 that once I stripped down had forged rods and pistons and came with a pair of r34 turbos, Garrett 2860-5 turbos and a power fc. 

I will do a build thread eventually but work have blocked this place on our web filter and I only ever use my work laptop or phone these days. 

• Like 2