Grounding Kit Instructions Required

Bam

Does anyone have any links or saved pages, or even hard copies of an installation guide for a grounding kit for the DE?

I know they have mixed reviews, but I'm currently making my own kit up to attempt to sort out a hesitation problem around 1.5k revs. I've read about bad earthing contributing to problems like these so just gonna give it a go.

I've searched the forum but all I can find are broken/deleted links.

Cheers

Used Google images for my 350z a number of years ago. There are plenty of US sellers too that will show you a photo of the kit installed.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

VERY debatable if these kits actually do anything. Look nice though.

If you think you have a grounding issue causing issues then clean all the current grounding points first - Nissan kindly built the cars to work well without need for extra grounding straight out the factory ;)

Edited by coldel

23 minutes ago, coldel said:

If you think you have a grounding issue causing issues then clean all the current grounding points first - Nissan kindly built the cars to work well without need for extra grounding straight out the factory ;)

Yeh I've read a lot of discussion on them to be fair and completely understand the reason behind the arguement!

Will be cleaning up the ground points as I go along anyway, but we've got some 4AWG at work just going spare so I thought I'd make a set up just to rule any grounding issue out :)

5 hours ago, coldel said:

HDev did some real R&D into these for the 350z and found them to be beneficial. I remember reading an article about their testing. I have the hdev kit installed and found it started up a little easier. 

Yeah saw that H Dev report, as much as I admire them I always take any research a company does on a product they sell a little more lightly than any independent testing which is less open to interpretation and more objective

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

If you know Jez you know he won't sell anything just to get money. 

Our cars are getting on now and earth points and leads are getting on a bit, no harm in spending a few quid to make sure everything is right. 

I tend to earth the block, throttle body and alternator. You probably get more gains from re grounding everything than a £140 induction kit

• Like 1

I know Jez and have taken multiple cars there over the years more than happy with their work - but still I am a cynical guy and never take things as read ;) All the independent stuff on this shows that any grounding issues on old cars are resolved by cleaning and restoring the current grounds, rather than adding more.

All that said, I bought a set, looked cool on the engine :teeth:

Edited by coldel