350z - Clutch Bite Point suddenly moved to last 20% after track day

Rajtastic

Hi guys,

Just done a Bedford track day and I have to confess - my heel & toe was a mess for the first half of the day and kept on downshifting at way too higher-revs. Burning the clutch definitely.

However, the clutch bite point has jumped from about 50% of the way down to maybe the last 20%. Any simple things I can do to check what the issue is? Surely, I can't have burnt that much clutch in one day (it was new about 3 years ago - less than 20k on it).

If it was gradual, I'd say burn but it's suddenly changed.

I’ll edit this as early morning brain didn’t kick in, has the biting point definitely dropped? Some if not a lot of  biting points rise due to clutch wear etc  might just have been a case of fading due to the heat etc? Did you have the clutch fluid done at same point or perhaps check the service interval on that aswell, is there any other noises you’ve noticed or purely just biting point? 

Edited by Azurez33
Brain melt

1 hour ago, Azurez33 said:

I’ll edit this as early morning brain didn’t kick in, has the biting point definitely dropped? Some if not a lot of  biting points rise due to clutch wear etc  might just have been a case of fading due to the heat etc? Did you have the clutch fluid done at same point or perhaps check the service interval on that aswell, is there any other noises you’ve noticed or purely just biting point? 

Yeah - it's hit the last bit of travel but no slipping at all. Feels the same but just higher. Flushed the fluid maybe a year ago? However, maybe it boiled on the track day due to bad high RPM gear changes and it's all mushy now?

That's the only difference - feels fine otherwise. I guess a quick fluid change is probably the first logical step?

22 minutes ago, Azurez33 said:

Yeah that’s what I was going to say check or change the fluid as you’ve said most likely the fluid has boiled but go from there Mate :thumbs:

Great - thanks a lot mate. Appreciated! Will report back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...