ESP/ABS problem

scottishpedro

Hi all

I just picked up my new Zed last week after a 10 year hiatus.  I got a great deal on a 55 plate roadster with 42k on the clock, and embarked on a 600 mile, 3 day road trip of the Scottish Highlands.  The car was amazing, drove really nicely and I forgot how good it sounds even with the stock exhaust.   There was one issue I did notice; it hardly interfered at all but I would rather look into it.  Around half way into the trip I noticed the ESP kicking in (light came on occasionally) when turning to the right only, it was only on some of the sharper corners but it was definitely coming on when it shouldn't be.  Its hard to tell if I was getting some ABS kicking in also, it just felt like the car was a little twitchy in the right bends.  

Any ideas?

Cheers

Pete

Are you running standard wheel/tyre sizes? And are your tyres all fairly evenly worn? 

When I first got my zed I had a similar problem which turned out to be because the tyres on the back were brand new and the ones on the front were close to the limit. The stability control system is pretty sensitive and the difference in rolling radius between the axles was upsetting it.