Am I still allowed on here?

Davectr

4 hours ago, coldel said:

Looks great....until ten minutes after that photo and the dust arrives and the car looks filthy again ;) I had a black Zed and it was a pain in the backside!

Yep. The struggle is real.

4 hours ago, coldel said:

Looks great....until ten minutes after that photo and the dust arrives and the car looks filthy again ;) I had a black Zed and it was a pain in the backside!

It's kept in a garage under an indoor cover in an attempt to prevent this, but I know exactly what you mean 

On 05/08/2020 at 16:46, coldel said:

Tell me about it. I washed my 911 Tuesday, first time in months and I looked out yesterday and it was covered in dust again. Less than 24 hours. It does sit outside on the drive though, but so annoying. I dont remember having this issue with my other black cars, so not sure why it seems to happen all the time now. The dust is nearly like sand or sawdust. 

17 hours ago, Davectr said:

Recently had a run up to JM-Imports to drop off my mates Hot Staff Ex-demo R33 GTR Vspec. What a stunning car that is, can’t believe he’s selling it! 

FE1AC6AE-494E-436D-86C2-10C7B494D2A5.jpeg

F5821B0A-108D-4F71-946A-30E8DDAF4027.jpeg

I bet he got some good money for that. Increasing in value all the time..

• 2 weeks later...

These are a great looking car. There's a chap who lives on the next road up from me, he's got one and when he starts it up......oh my god!....it sounds like thunder, amazing. I was cleaning the zed the other day and had to go take a look. Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Spent a great couple of days having a boys roadtrip with matching R8’s. Weather was perfect, and the scenery spectacular! Went from the north east across country to Hawes and Devils bridge into the south Lake District. Went up the side of Windermere, then had a great blast up from Penrith to Alston/Hartside which is one of the best roads I’ve ever driven! 

On the way back we popped over the border into bonnie Scotland and called at Gretna Green - thank God her indoors wasn’t with us :lol:,  then came across country further north, taking in Kielder.

9DFA469F-EDA9-4B7B-8986-343AB0BFBCB2.jpeg

F8E96F66-877C-4C5E-8D24-8247EC348F89.jpeg

AA250BBC-18BB-4E3A-8F4F-12DD5DCCCED0.jpeg

FD9317ED-6781-48E2-9EC6-6A07D5DD2D3D.jpeg

B0685270-3FED-43C1-B6B2-555D67693B55.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Managed to get in a late afternoon run across the spectacular North Yorkshire moors.  These roads are amazing, and literally 5mins from my house! Just have to keep a keen eye out for sheep as for some reason the exhaust noise seems to scare the @*!# out of them :lol:

5889F871-8506-4842-A6C4-F252C0A893F1.jpeg

1757D3E0-CD83-4F94-93C1-99F5ECD53E0F.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davectr said:

Managed to get in a late afternoon run across the spectacular North Yorkshire moors.  These roads are amazing, and literally 5mins from my house! Just have to keep a keen eye out for sheep as for some reason the exhaust noise seems to scare the @*!# out of them :lol:

We ought to get a meet going on the NY moors when Covid settles down :) I guess lots here have never been and it's so beautiful up there. There are some good roads on the way there too:-

Aston.jpg.ab838573f418b9b8fb162ad807fae374.jpg

• Like 2