Am I still allowed on here?

Davectr

As some of you may already know, I recently sold my 370z roadster to Humpy. It was a very difficult decision to let it go, but made easier knowing it’s going to a good home.

I’ve now got a replacement for the Zed, something I’ve been after for a long time. This forum is without doubt the best car forum I’ve been on so will be sticking around for the foreseeable. 

Here’s the new machine, an R8 V10 plus

C6F84D7D-4BF9-4071-A65A-CB69A4ACB6A4.jpeg

094D9E2B-1661-4C73-9692-F47886AA456F.jpeg

• Like 18

Stunning! And yes you are allowed on here :lol: In fact the majority of people that make this forum and community possible and put in the hard graft don’t own Zeds anymore - would love to see a review of this machine it looks amazing!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It’s taken 30+ years of driving , having to work away from home and waiting for the kids to grow up and leave the nest before finally being in a position to buy my dream car. 

Only had it a few days so can’t give much of a review yet, but I can some it up in one word - WOW! Having just had a 575bhp TTrs I thought there wouldn’t be much difference in performance (which tbh in a straight line there probably isn’t), but this car is in another league. The handling is unreal, and all I keep hearing is how this is an ‘everyday supercar’ - it certainly is, docile in comfort settings and an animal in dynamic!
The best analogy I can think of is my TT was like a star player in a good Championship team, whereas the R8 is like a superstar in a top Premier Legue team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Davectr said:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It’s taken 30+ years of driving , having to work away from home and waiting for the kids to grow up and leave the nest before finally being in a position to buy my dream car. 

Only had it a few days so can’t give much of a review yet, but I can some it up in one word - WOW! Having just had a 575bhp TTrs I thought there wouldn’t be much difference in performance (which tbh in a straight line there probably isn’t), but this car is in another league. The handling is unreal, and all I keep hearing is how this is an ‘everyday supercar’ - it certainly is, docile in comfort settings and an animal in dynamic!
The best analogy I can think of is my TT was like a star player in a good Championship team, whereas the R8 is like a superstar in a top Premier Legue team.

Congratulations sounds like its been a long time due :thumbs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davectr said:

It’s taken 30+ years of driving , having to work away from home and waiting for the kids to grow up and leave the nest before finally being in a position to buy my dream car. 

Enjoy, you've earned it ...

• Like 1

Very nice! and is probably the only car I'd exchange my GTR for.

I did try an R8 (albeit on track) but I found the brakes a little less progressive than I prefer. On the upside  I think the R8  sounds better than my R35 (a "lowly" 680 bhp).

Oh and I've been to a few  meets with my big Datsun and no-one complained I was in something other than  a ZED.

David

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinyflier said:

Very nice! and is probably the only car I'd exchange my GTR for.

I did try an R8 (albeit on track) but I found the brakes a little less progressive than I prefer. On the upside  I think the R8  sounds better than my R35 (a "lowly" 680 bhp).

Oh and I've been to a few  meets with my big Datsun and no-one complained I was in something other than  a ZED.

David

I did consider a GTR, but needed to scratch a V10 itch. The sound is fantastic, and apparently quite loud outside (inside it’s quite well insulated) so God knows what’ll it be like when I get the new exhaust on :lol: - the neighbours are gonna hate me! :wacko:

• Like 1