Exhaust and De-cat/HFC Recomendations!

JAllen28

Morning All, 

I am starting to look at exhausts and seem to find myself going round in circles. 

I currently have some sort of stainless steel cat back system on there now from the previous owner (Will try and find out exactly what when I'm home) and I am wanting to go louder. 

So I am looking for an exhaust and De-cat/HFC set-up that is on the louder end of the spectrum. As a 20 year old that doesn't do much motorway driving the time to have a loud car is probably now while I can get away with it :lol:

I am looking at an Invidia Gemini and would like some opinions on that but would also like some recommendations! 

Thanks

I've got an ARK GRiP on mine, which seems to fit your sound requirements. It also looks great IMO. I'm running standard cats, and would say it's on the loud-ish side but far from offensive, so would probably be what you're after with a louder cat set up.

2 hours ago, BobbyZ said:

I've got an ARK GRiP on mine, which seems to fit your sound requirements. It also looks great IMO. I'm running standard cats, and would say it's on the loud-ish side but far from offensive, so would probably be what you're after with a louder cat set up.

Thanks mate, sounds like an ARK with some HFC would deffo be an option. Any HFC/Decat recommendations? 

I've got the Invidia Gemini paired with Torqen HFCs, it's the perfect level of noise for me. 

Not so overly loud it's offensive, no drone but sounds brilliant when you put your foot down. 

Ark Grip is another great option, not sure how it compares to the invidia on sound levels but it's a popular option because of its great looks/quality. 

On the louder end of the spectrum you could look into tomei, they use titanium rather than stainless steel so their stuff is much lighter. 

Depending on your budget you could also look into the Motordyne Shockwave. 

28 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

I've got the Invidia Gemini paired with Torqen HFCs, it's the perfect level of noise for me. 

Not so overly loud it's offensive, no drone but sounds brilliant when you put your foot down. 

Ark Grip is another great option, not sure how it compares to the invidia on sound levels but it's a popular option because of its great looks/quality. 

On the louder end of the spectrum you could look into tomei, they use titanium rather than stainless steel so their stuff is much lighter. 

Depending on your budget you could also look into the Motordyne Shockwave. 

Cheers Jack! Yeah I think it will end up being either an Invidia or Ark. 

I'm not a fan of the Tomei just due to the tone being a little harsh. Yeah the shockwave is a little pricey. 

Thanks you!

27 minutes ago, coldel said:

When I paired Berks HFCs with a Miltek got perfect level of quiet off the gas and loud when on it, HFCs did introduce a rasp though. 

Yeah reading through some old threads found some people saying they produce a rasp. 

Would a set of ISR Test pipes not have rasp as they are resonated?