HELP...P0198 CODE

Thomas Leah

Cars throwing a P0198 code Engine oil temp sensor (EOT) high voltage. Changed sensor and still got a light and oil temp gauge won't go above 70°c. Also started after an ECU reset. The reset was because I had a Powerflow cat back fitted and it was throwing a miss fire code (car wasn't missfiring). The car hadn't been tuned yet and I was advised on sites and by tuners to reset the ECU. 

Now i have a new sensor the code won't even clear and the light stays lit up.

Car feels sluggish at lower revs also but I've been told the EOT sensor helps the ECU with air fuel mixes so that explains that in my eyes 

I'm really stumped on this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are sure that the new sensor is good, then I would be looking at associated wiring or a bad connection.

The engine oil temperature sensor is used to detect the engine oil temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the ECM. The modified signal returns to the ECM as the engine oil temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.

Am I right in saying if I've got a higher voltage going to the sensor it could be a short from another wire into the EOT loom or most likely the ECU is the issue? Because my car things it's cold that means the output of the sensor must be a higher voltage something like 4 volts plus?? 

Another theory could be on the return to the ECU another system could be shorting into the EOT wiring?

Any of this sound logical