URGENT HELP: Passenger Door Opens When Locked

davidv10

I have just found out that my passenger side door can still be opened when the car is locked. Really embarrassingly it happened during a sale viewing! Obviously this isnt something you usually check is working (i hardly ever have a passenger)...

You can hear the door mechanism click when you lock the car, but the door still opens (setting off the alarm). With the door open you can force push the mechanism into the locked position, and then when you open the door from the internal handle it then unlocks the mechanism. So it isnt jammed, just unresponsive when it needs to be locked.

it just appears that the locking signal isnt getting to that actuator, or the mechanics that push it into the lock position arent working.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

David

Just now, DoogyRev said:

Did you check the locking/unlocking settings in the console screen?

No i havent... Sorry to appear dumb, but where are those settings/what do i beed to check? Feel free to pm me if thats easier.

Thanks for such a quick response!

Most modern cars have setting to change lock/unlock behaviour, including doors, light flash, beep etc. No idea where/if the 370 has them, did you check the manual? Or perhaps its a Key Fob operation?

Thanks guys. Its actually the passenger door lock not locking into place when the car is locked stationary, as opposed to the doors auto-locking when you are moving.

The garage has said its the door actuator that has gone. The signal is reaching the door lock, but its just the mechanism not actually locking.

So ive got one on order and will hopefully get it fitted late this week.