High oil pressure on idle - DE model

veeg33

Just been to groceries shopping, got in the zed and start up as per normal. As I drive, I noticed the oil pressure at 120 psi. I'm not sure if it was there when I first started my zed before going to the shops as I only looked at the RPM to drop to normal idle speed before setting off. It shots up pass 120 psi when I'm in gear and accelerate, dropped to 120 psi when idling. Got home, turn engine off and restart again, shoots up to 120psi again. No warning lights or any other signs, drives normal. Didn't notice the oil pressure since I last drove it 2 weeks ago. Oil + filter last changed in Dec 2019, driven less than 2000 miles since. I'm planning an oil change and filter change to see if this will resolve this. Anything else I should look at? Oil pressure sensor maybe? 

3 minutes ago, Stewal said:

Almost certainly the sender unit which is easily accessible to change and not too expensive - do not over tighten though.

North of £80.00 for genuine Nissan OEM. :scare:

Avoid cheap aftermarket.

• Thanks 1

Would certainly endorse Alex's point about oem for the sender. With some parts its buy cheap pay 2 or 3 times over.......I speak from experience! Even a good used oem part will be better than a cheap ebay chinese copy.

• Like 1