Hoping to get back to a Z

Had a 350z last year but became not economically viable to keep (blown head gasket and rear quarter panel damage thanks to a van). I've only started missing the car more recently as we didn't part on good terms but I havent bonded with its replacement (Mazda 3 MPS) so am now looking to get into a 370z. Found a couple I like but havent had the guts to pull the trigger on one yet. It would be a big chnk of my savings (don't own my own house yet and don't have many bills to pay) but the thought of depreciation concerns me with the 400z on the horizon. Would now be a good or bad time to buy, and should I do it?

20 hours ago, Sachacase7 said:

Had a 350z last year but became not economically viable to keep (blown head gasket and rear quarter panel damage thanks to a van). I've only started missing the car more recently as we didn't part on good terms but I havent bonded with its replacement (Mazda 3 MPS) so am now looking to get into a 370z. Found a couple I like but havent had the guts to pull the trigger on one yet. It would be a big chnk of my savings (don't own my own house yet and don't have many bills to pay) but the thought of depreciation concerns me with the 400z on the horizon. Would now be a good or bad time to buy, and should I do it?

Bit of alternative viewpoint, I am in the same position as you with not owning a house with little bills to pay. I previously had an m140 which while new and shiny, I almost disliked because of how expensive (to me) it was if that makes sense! Since I have replaced it with a 350z I have enjoyed driving the Z far more, as much less of my savings sunk into it and feels like less to worry about. Not sure if it would appeal to you having already owned one but could go down 350z route again as fair bit cheaper? I agree with the others though I would imagine the 400z is a while off so if depreciation is the main worry I wouldn't let that put yourself off a 370 :)

• 3 weeks later...