Exhaust - keeping it shiny and protected!?

vq35de.sam

I'm trying to find something ASAP to keep my new ISR single shiny (the backbox and tip) the inside too so that the black soot can be cleaned off easily as well.., if that's possible. 

I've used autosol on my last car but it never kept the tips nice for any lenght of time..

So I'd like something for protection and longevity. 

I've come across a product on ebay on a quick search called Dodo Juice metal of honor sealant wax.. Any one have any say or recommendations to something else? 

IMG_20200720_204605.jpg

Screenshot_20200720_205335.jpg

As Davey says, to keep it clean requires regular washing/polishing. Protecting it will make it easier though.

Waxes like the one you've linked are better than nothing. Sealants like Britemax will last a bit longer than wax. Coatings (like this, or this) will last considerably longer, but you'll still need to wash regularly - for the inside, depending on how much you drive the car you might have to wash it as often as use it. 

Clean, polish, IPA wipedown then apply your LSP of choice for maximum protection (with the exception of the Britemax twins which are designed to be used in conjunction). Quick wipe-over every week should then keep it shiny for a good while.

Never used any sealants over the past 15 years of ownership.

Just weekly washing, with a quick 30 second polish inside and out every month.

Even though they may still "look" shiny after a month or two of just washing, the polishing little but often just keeps them smooth and shiny with minimal effort meaning never needing hard scrubbing or wire wool.

I suppose any of the popular metal polishes would work for light duties.

I've had good results with Autosol and Megs Metal Polysh like this.

Edited by HEADPHONES

+1 for Autosol. I use a little on a microfibre cloth every time I wash the car, it takes barely any time/effort to keep the tips looking like new. 

Sadly nothing is going to keep them shiny for long though because as soon as the engines running the carbon will start building back up, especially if you've got decats/HFCs.