Passenger door lock won't unlock.

Steve3085

Hi,

As above, the passenger door won't unlock, neither electronically or manually. Making the door not usable.

The car is stored in a garage over night, and Saturday just gone, I pulled the car out so I could used the garage area. Upon shutting the garage door, I locked the car, as it was outside. I then came back to unlock the car and drive it back into the garage. it didn't unlock. First guess was the battery in the key, but further investigation found that the fuse for the central locking had gone. I replaced the fuse, tried again, and the same thing happened it blew. I then tried to unlock the door from inside, on the button. The button does nothing, moves freely, like the cable isn't attached to anything.

So I now have a car with a locked passenger door that I can't open, and a central locking system that pops fuses anytime its activated.

My guess is something to do with the passenger door lock, anybody had this problem? Anyone know how I can unlock the passenger side of the car without ruining the door card? Anyone have other ideas on what it could be?  :please:

Thanks in advance

Steve