350z HR 2007 Convertible roof failing to open

Mavrik

My Zed HR (2007) convertible has been parked up for quite a few months (since Nov 2019)

The roof was working perfectly before being parked up but now when I press the roof button to open, the windows go down but nothing else happens!

The passenger electric seat also does not work which I gather is part of the sequence in opening? It neither slides or reclines whereas the drivers seat works fine... I cannot find any related fuses in any of the fuse boxes in the engine bay or drivers footwell.

Anybody had a similar issue or know the fix?

19 hours ago, Mikey_S said:

Battery fully charged? does the car start? May not be enough power for the roof? Just a guess as i don't have one myself 

The starter motor is fubar too (but that's a different issue) ... Battery is fine & even when bump started same issue with roof/pass seat...

I know when mines been sat for a while it will get stuck at a certain point during the sequence, i just release the button and repress it and it continues, after a few operations it's fine. I'd try giving the linkage a bit of a spray with WD40 and give it a tap to free up any stiction, anywhere there's a pivot.

11 hours ago, jnkent36 said:

I know when mines been sat for a while it will get stuck at a certain point during the sequence, i just release the button and repress it and it continues, after a few operations it's fine. I'd try giving the linkage a bit of a spray with WD40 and give it a tap to free up any stiction, anywhere there's a pivot.

Doubt that's the cause seeing as the passenger electric seat doesn't work either

4 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Check the wiring and wiring connections under the passenger's seat.

Cheers! ... I was thinking I may have to take the seat out to inspect... Everything was working perfectly before I parked it up :headhurt: I gather if there is a fault with the passenger seat, then that'll interrupt the roof opening/closing sequence? .... The car is at my Bro's (75 miles away) ffs :bang:

Edited by Mavrik

• 11 months later...
On 15/07/2020 at 08:05, ZMANALEX said:

Check the wiring and wiring connections under the passenger's seat.

Thought I'd give an update on my roof/passenger seat woes...

Turned out to be a dodgy main harness connection under the passenger seat!

I ended up having to use my needle files on the connector pins & sprayed some contact cleaner & hey presto... Roof working fine & seat does what it's supposed to 😁

• Like 5