Hi, New to the forum!

Hi everyone,

Having recently acquired a 2004 350z so thought it'd be a good idea to say hello! Its the first performance car i've owned so keen to learn as much about the car as possible.

If by any chance anyone here is in the Bristol/Somerset Region, would be great to know of any recommendations for Bodywork/paintwork repairs (Previous temporary owner unfortunately put a few dings in various panels...)

I'm also having an issue with a loud(ish) whirring from the rear of the car. Going to investigate this a bit more over the next few weeks but again, if anyone in the region knows of a potential issue this could be and would give up an hour of their time to take a ride to confirm/go through the process to resolve, would happily repay in whatever beer tokens you accept.

Cheers,

Steve

IMG_20200713_130035_resized_20200713_010210396.jpg

Hi Steve,

Welcome, I owned a 2005 350Z (now in a 370) and shortly after purchasing mine developed a drone type whirring from the back which turned out to be a wheel bearing, it wasn't too expensive to fix. If you got it from a garage it may be worth getting them to check it out if you have any kind of warranty.

Although I'm often in Bristol (well near Bristol - Thornbury) for work I can't comment on any bodyshops in that area, I'll let others do that!

Nice looking Zed by the way, I know you've mentioned a few dings but it looks good in the pic!

B

Cheers everyone, thanks to the recommendations and insight so far guys. ShortPaul, bristol boy! Hello mate!

Bunning - Cheers, yeah looks great from a distance but could do with some tlc and nice one, will bear that in mind.

Azurez - cheers bud! It does yes. You first start to hear it once warmed up and running over 40mph then the noise sticks around and volume does vary upon speed. A guide sounds great, cheers mate

Yeah mate id pretty certainly say that a wheel bearing, if you get chance jack it up safely at the back end etc so both wheels are off the ground (axle stands are friends not spectators)  rotate a wheel at a time by hand and hold onto the damper/ shocker should feel vibrations or you can hear it if they’re really bad, couldn’t find the video I wanted that was hilarious but here’s one which is just as good just depends how handy you are mate, just be safe aha and  I own nothing to do with this video etc 

• 4 weeks later...