MPS4 S or Eagle F1 Supersport?

Dave6188

12 minutes ago, Eddie_r32 said:

The sidewall is why I went for them over the mp4s, I like a stiff sidewall, that's basically what the choice comes down to according to most reviews, do you like a stiff sidewall or a weaker one...

Yeah the reviews on these all look really promising, especially the tyrereviews.co.uk one on youtube. The supersport R also looks like good competition for Cup2s!

Yeah i agree with you there stiff side wall all day for track work. Or any hard driving fr that matter.

How do they cope with higher temperatures? Would also be interesting to know if they heat cycle out quickly like most road tyres but i guess the the jury is still out on that one.

From peoples real life experiences with the Eagle F1 the MPS4S has better wear rate, so I’ll stick by my original statement. That’s the only thing these tyre reviews do not cover its wear rate, that’s why the website has a summary section based on what people have found after x amount of miles using each different tyres. 

Seeing as my car is my daily to work and back and occasional road trip I decided to opt for the more comfortable option which going off reviews is the Michelin, the 4 S came back into stock, I have slightly deviated from stock tyre size:

Stock

245/40 R19 front

275/35 R19 rear

Gone for

255/40 R19 front

285/35 R19 rear

So 10mm wider front and rear which I very much doubt will make a difference but more traction would be welcome as the car has a wee bit more grunt than stock.

Got them from Blackcircles and got 15% off so the grand total delivered to my door is £730.00

Getting them delivered as the wheels are off in to get powdercoated shortly so no point in paying for fitting. 

Thanks to all for any input but after watching the tyre review test several times and hearing there was literally nothing between the two in terms of performance, it ultimately came down to comfort, road noise is ever so slightly better on the Michelins according to the DB readings when tested aswell. 

• Like 1

That's looking like a good price^:thumbs:

Looks like both the Goodyear and Michelin were good performing tyres from the reviews, unlike the budget ones which his channel showed to be downright shocking.

Now that you've ordered, it's safe for me to post this up

What with the Michael Bay style video and music I half expected Optimus Prime to pop up wearing Linglong tyres!

Mods feel free to delete this post if it poses a risk to members being lured into buying Linglongs :lol:

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...

So a quick update, had the wheels powdercoated and the MPS4S'S fitted, been on the car over a month now, bedded the tyres in and took it easy on them for a few hundred miles, first impressions were good, immediately noticed road comfort was better, road noise is still on par with what I had on before.

Managed to get out on a few very hot days down some country lanes for some relatively hard driving, all I can say is wow, the car changes direction so much better, feels way more balanced. The level of grip on offer completely exceeded my expectations to the point where I feel I'm the limiting factor driving the car and not the car itself. I can corner that hard that the front oem mudflaps actually scrape the tarmac and the car feels like it still has more to give! 

The rears still spin up in the wet but a rwd car with 300+bhp you kind of expect that. Launching the car in dry conditions used to result in snaking off down the road, now it just digs in and goes, not a single bit of wheelspin off the line. 

Recently done a top speed event and hit speeds of upto 170mph and the car still felt extremely stable and planted.

I would say the only negative is that they seem to chuck a heck of a lot of stones and debris up into the arches, not sure if this is due to compound and tread pattern but it's definitely more noticeable. 

All in all I would highly recommend these tyres, they have completely transformed the car, it just feels so much better than before in every single way.

IMG_20200827_193255_701.jpg

• Like 3

I've got PS4 on my 370Z and I've been happy with them, so I'd imagine that the PS4S are even more brilliant. :thumbs:

I've been that happy with the PS4 I've just put some on my Mini Cooper S as well! :D

I've turned into a Michelin Pilot Sport fanboy it seems! :lol:

• Like 3

On 25/09/2020 at 11:11, Dave6188 said:

So a quick update, had the wheels powdercoated and the MPS4S'S fitted, been on the car over a month now, bedded the tyres in and took it easy on them for a few hundred miles, first impressions were good, immediately noticed road comfort was better, road noise is still on par with what I had on before.

Managed to get out on a few very hot days down some country lanes for some relatively hard driving, all I can say is wow, the car changes direction so much better, feels way more balanced. The level of grip on offer completely exceeded my expectations to the point where I feel I'm the limiting factor driving the car and not the car itself. I can corner that hard that the front oem mudflaps actually scrape the tarmac and the car feels like it still has more to give! 

The rears still spin up in the wet but a rwd car with 300+bhp you kind of expect that. Launching the car in dry conditions used to result in snaking off down the road, now it just digs in and goes, not a single bit of wheelspin off the line. 

Recently done a top speed event and hit speeds of upto 170mph and the car still felt extremely stable and planted.

I would say the only negative is that they seem to chuck a heck of a lot of stones and debris up into the arches, not sure if this is due to compound and tread pattern but it's definitely more noticeable. 

All in all I would highly recommend these tyres, they have completely transformed the car, it just feels so much better than before in every single way.

IMG_20200827_193255_701.jpg

Best thing I did putting MPS4S on my car, glad you're enjoying them too!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

Wear wise, I run MPS4S on my 997 turbo and got 25,000 miles out of the rears. The fronts are only half worn at that mileage. Pretty amazing really when the previous set of P-Zero`s only lasted 14,000 miles and were down to the canvas all round.

Well if that's the case, mine are going to outlive me !!!  :scare:  :lol:  :wheelchair:

• Haha 2