Issue with gear selection!! Please HELP!

da.murf

Hi Everyone, In a complete pickle here!!

In march I installed a new xtreme clutch/lightweight flywheel, koyo release bearing/oem slave cylinder and braided clutch line to my 350z.

it has done 2500 miles since then, all the miles have been relatively easy to run everything in etc.

Car was going great until saturday. 

On way home gear change started to get a bit 'resistant' it was getting tough to push it into each gear. And then at a stop it became impossible.

Clutch in, and nope not accepting the gear. No grind etc etc.

Car was sitting still, no handbrake etc

car was def noisier pulling away just before it became impossible to drive. 

Then weirdest part was when the car was at standstill, clutch in, when it wouldn't go into gear, but as I tried to push it into first, the clutch still in, the car began to start to creep forward. 

turned car off. got the gear shift into first with clutch in, when to start and the car bumped forward on the starter motor with the clutch in.

Then when I put car back into 'neutral' and switched off engine, released the clutch, something seemed to free up, and i could deject gears etc ok again and car was 'drivable' 

Clutch pedal was very stiff though and also small clunk 1/2 way up pedal travel.

It's off to mechanic this thursday to drop the gearbox to inspect the release bearing, clutch and flywheel etc etc. 

BUT has anyone come across this or something like it before and shed some thoughts or light???

I fear it's inside the gearbox, but as mentioned it was driving and selecting gears ok after something free'd up again.

Any help, thoughts or experiences welcome.

Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Stock said:

Sounds like blockage/debris in the clutch line to me, first thing I'd do is a flush, and if you replace them, replace both cylinders.

But less than 6 months after full flush and, new lines and slave cylinder ?

38 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Best to go back to whoever supplied the clutch kit and also the garage that fitted it.

Under the circumstances, that is the only way for an informed diagnoses and hopefully a free fix.:thumbs:

yeah garage is taking it back Thursday, and I’d be 100% confident in the mechanics ability as he is a good friend and really took his time and care on it 

Ive touched base with supplier to let them know im having issues and it’s being investigated. 

im so hoping it’s just a faulty bearing or faulty slave cylinder.