Gaurd x

ShortPaul

Bit late now if you’ve already opted for it. ;)

It’s not the worst stuff in the world, but dealers tend not to prepare or apply such protection properly and subsequently they tend not to last more than two or three months at best. Hopefully you got it thrown into the deal for free?!?

Generally speaking, you’re far off better taking the car to a detailer and spending similar money or less on getting something professionally applied rather than paying dealer prices for the apprentice valeter to throw some products in the direction of an unprepared car.

2 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Bit late now if you’ve already opted for it. ;)

It’s not the worst stuff in the world, but dealers tend not to prepare or apply such protection properly and subsequently they tend not to last more than two or three months at best. Hopefully you got it thrown into the deal for free?!?

Generally speaking, you’re far off better taking the car to a detailer and spending similar money or less on getting something professionally applied rather than paying dealer prices for the apprentice valeter to throw some products in the direction of an unprepared car.

Managed to get contact with them to cancel guardx 

If you’re confident enough, get a decent coating, polish and protect it yourself. It’ll almost certainly need a good polish first, and will benefit from a decent decontamination and prep first too.

Otherwise start researching local detailers. :thumbs:

• Like 1

White Diamond is a glaze, so.itll need topping with a wax or sealant too. Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax is decent (and cheap) for a couple of.moths protection and will sit on top of WD nicely. I prefer Blue but they're much of a muchness between the colours really.

Do you have links for this products and applicators and drying towels extra that i would be best using not to worry about the price, sorry to keep firing loads of questions at you buddy, your detailing information is much appreciated i will go with what your saying to use many thanks Paul 

Sure.

EX-P or Natty's Blue (or Jet Seal) and White Diamond.

Personally, I would forgo the White Diamond and get AF Tripple instead which does the same job but a bit more, and then go for a wax on top - Natty's would work with this.

Fallout remover - Korrosol as the next best thing to Car Chem Revolt from CYC (to save on postage).

Consider chucking in one of these too for better prep.

Applicators.

A couple of these.

And a couple of these.

Drying towel.

Or, all the cloths you'll need for a while in one bundle.

Extras;

Everything you'll need for the glass.

That should keep you going for a while.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Sure.

EX-P or Natty's Blue (or Jet Seal) and White Diamond.

Personally, I would forgo the White Diamond and get AF Tripple instead which does the same job but a bit more, and then go for a wax on top - Natty's would work with this.

Fallout remover - Korrosol as the next best thing to Car Chem Revolt from CYC (to save on postage).

Consider chucking in one of these too for better prep.

Applicators.

A couple of these.

And a couple of these.

Drying towel.

Or, all the cloths you'll need for a while in one bundle.

Extras;

Everything you'll need for the glass.

That should keep you going for a while.

Thank buddy for time and effort posting these links for me

Thought that was Steve Cram on the video :thumbs:. Not sure if they have since fixed the boot release since I had my 2016 Nismo but if they haven't its a pain in the arse so don't think yours is broken. You have to click to release and then click again to lift so its impossible to open with shopping in your hand. Great car though so have fun when she arrives Wednesday Paul.

You wont sleep much Tues night I bet.

Martin

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Payco said:

Thought that was Steve Cram on the video :thumbs:. Not sure if they have since fixed the boot release since I had my 2016 Nismo but if they haven't its a pain in the arse so don't think yours is broken. You have to click to release and then click again to lift so its impossible to open with shopping in your hand. Great car though so have fun when she arrives Wednesday Paul.

You wont sleep much Tues night I bet.

Martin

Take the boot weight out and add a few pennies into the spring mechanism :thumbs: even my spoiler doesn't stop my hatch from opening one handed now. 

• Like 1