Abbey Motorpsort

Mark@Abbey m/s

It’s been bought to our attention that we have been on the receiving end of very negative posts on threads, pages and by direct message that we have no access to and are therefore unable to respond to.

We have a long history and high level skill when it comes to Motorsport at many levels, including the world stage and while we will accept that there are issues when modifying cars beyond the duty that they were designed for, we always try our best to work with our customers to provide a fair and reasonable solution when things don’t go to plan.

We have posted this here in open forum so that any grievances can be discussed fairly and with all parties having a right to respond, as with many things in life, there are usually always two viewpoints or sides to everything and then, somewhere in the middle, what actually happened.

We feel strongly that we are being unreasonably targeted and wish to not only put an end to these defamatory statements, arguably boarding on Slander, by dealing with facts but also deal directly with any issues.

Please contact us with any evidence of said defamation, as we are considering legal action and also so that we can set the record straight and state the facts, present evidence or at the very least, have fair right to reply and defend ourselves.  

Let’s keep the Z community in the UK open, fair and reasonable.

Thanks for your consideration and co-operation.

Mark, Scott and the team at Abbey Motorsport

• Like 1

Sorry you have felt the need to post this Mark, Scott and the Abbey Team. It's unusual to see a post like this on here, as feedback for all of our Traders is generally positive. That said, we do understand why you would want to address concerns of this nature.

I would suggest to everyone sat at their keyboard reading this, before you post up or PM, that hearsay is unhelpful in discussions of this type. Please consider if something "you've heard" is credible and demonstrable, before repeating it to others.

As ever, should anyone come across anything that goes beyond a simple expression of opinion, please feel free to use the report button, post up on the thread and tag us, or PM The Team directly.

• Like 1

Been in the modded car game for over 20 years and have never heard a bad word about Abbey or the guys there, pretty surprising to read this. Have mno idea whats been said but imagine most will take it with an extremely large pinch of salt, your reputation is well known all over :thumbs:

• Like 2

I also haven't heard bad things about you guys either. I think that this is absolutely understandable to try and sort this out if there is anything going on that misrepresents your company and staff. as I said above I haven't heard anything bad said at all. If people have had problems I think they should come directly to the companies that are affected in order to sort it out, and not go spreading rumours and slander really. But alas I guess some people find it easier to talk rubbish and not speak to the right people, in order to get a result that suits all affected.

• Like 1

+1 for not hearing a bad word.

I think its beyond tough, you'd have to deal with all sorts of individuals to which two people could receive the same level of service and one rate it 5 stars and the other 3 - completely out of business control. No doubt in the past you will have served customers with a 15yr old 350z, who has paid for a remap and wanted 315bhp from having just an exhaust and intake. Guess what type of review this person might give.

Is it possibly for a company to drop the ball - yes.

Would this happen, do I believe a Abbey would look to put the matter right - yes also.

Of late the majority of people will be under stress, the likes that aren't normally experienced. Repeated occasions of stress/worry/anxiety, by design puts us into fight or flight mode lending thoughts to materialise from the back of the brain rather than the rational frontal section. Thus things will be said and done that ordinarily wouldn't, given their right mind. There are only two reasons why a person would act adversely to another, jealously or stress aka not thinking correctly due to a lack of intelligence for that given moment - nothing else.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t go to you, you seem angry, and you’re too far away, good luck with the charm offensive though.

ive nothing bad to say about your company or any individual employed by you.  We know things are tough, but I’m not sure this type of post on an open forum will help.

’Always end on a high’ (an old MOI technique), I’ve only ever heard congratulatory posts about your company and the work you do, by many ‘senior’ type admins, mods, members etc..

:thumbs:

Also never used you guys for anything, simply because you're too far away from me.

Only ever heard good things from the guys on here though so I'd happily let you look after my zed if you were closer. 

• Like 1

Well I'd stayed quiet up to now as I've bought from lots of traders and was planning on continuing to do so but as I've just been kicked from the private Battalion Z Torqen whatapp group and the FB Battalion Z Torqen pages I might as well speak up.

I have been going down to Abbey for over 7 years, at least once, sometimes twice a year. As said in the Marks post above, modifying cars past the warranty envelope can cause problems.

I've occasionally had technical glitches or problems after initial mods have been done, but Mark or Scott have always been available either on the phone or in person, often out of hours to sort the problem, however small. This has included late night logging and mapping sessions to tweak maps, and I've never received any additional bills for this extra support. We have had our heated moments over the years with regard to budget with my S12 VQ35 project build, but we've come to a very fair agreement and the work is immaculate.

Just to re-iterate my opinion of Mark and the team at Abbey, I've always been very happy with the end result of any of the work done at Abbey and will continue to go back.

Now the feedback bit, as per my starting comment, I've bought parts from Abbey, Tarmac Sportz and Torqen, along with many others (including GRAMS) and never been disappointed with the parts. Some have been cheap, some expensive, but all have served the exact purpose they were intended at the budget. (except for Seibon but you'll have to check out my thread on that...)

As per the thread start and the comment on FB about slagging people, parts, companies off, and the recent slagging off Abbey received on the Battalion Z FB page. The other reason I'm replying is because it's not reasonable to be slagging people off when they have no ability to reply.

And for reference, although I've been accused of being a grass, it wasn't me that fed the slagging off back to Abbey in the first place so someone needs to look closer to home!

PS. I'll still recommend RS-R springs on a 370Z @Adrian@TORQEN as they are really good. And your ability to source rare parts is good as well. No need for anyone to screen shot that bit on here and send it.......

Edit: A little bit sad that this is necessary......

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

kicked out of the watts app/Facebook  groups :thumbdown:

As in if I'm not winning ill take my ball home :lol:

That will teach you for speaking your mind and having an opinion siiiiiiiiimmmmmon:boxing:

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been sent some information from another Facebook group that I am unable to defend myself on (this reply will also go on the main forum to allow the said people to reply in an open forum.

I feel the use of Shabby Motorsport will go on record , the information regards Chris I never quoted that I said we "Built "Chris car the Abbey Built refereed to the building and tuning of the VQ35 motor maybe a mis-quote.

With regards his experience with us @ Abbey Motorsport there is our side to the story that I will post up with out any issues on an open forum.

I have adjusted the post as it wasn't the correct use of the forum for our Abbey Motorsport  grievances.

Just need people not on the locked Facebook pages etc to see how some people do business 

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
wrong use of the forum

Mark, you've mentioned twice now that you're not happy that you have no right of reply on closed Facebook groups. Much as I personally would love to be the person who decides what is and isn't appropriate for Facebook, the Team here has no say over their P&Ps.

From what I can see above, you're not happy with name calling from Torqen and a sponsorship deal. I can understand why you would not be happy about the former and that would not be tolerated on the club forum or social media. The latter is a matter for the car owner and whomever is buying advertising space on the car.

None of this appear to be related to the club's Facebook page nor the forum. If I am mistaken, please let us know and we will treat it accordingly.

In order to move this forward, I suggest a couple of things which may be of use.

• Address your concerns with Facebook's private groups and privacy settings with them, and raise a dispute.
  • You have your own Abbey webspace, this may be a more appropriate place to air grievances about social media, without involving a third party.

This is not intended to diminish your concerns but it is intended to illustrate that we are here to assist with disputes related to the content and/or trading that goes on here. We've been used as space for long running feuds in the past and we have no desire to go back there, it has no benefit for Members and only creates cliques and ill-feeling, which are of no use to anyone here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperStu said:

Mark, you've mentioned twice now that you're not happy that you have no right of reply on closed Facebook groups. Much as I personally would love to be the person who decides what is and isn't appropriate for Facebook, the Team here has no say over their P&Ps.

From what I can see above, you're not happy with name calling from Torqen and a sponsorship deal. I can understand why you would not be happy about the former and that would not be tolerated on the club forum or social media. The latter is a matter for the car owner and whomever is buying advertising space on the car.

None of this appear to be related to the club's Facebook page nor the forum. If I am mistaken, please let us know and we will treat it accordingly.

In order to move this forward, I suggest a couple of things which may be of use.

• Address your concerns with Facebook's private groups and privacy settings with them, and raise a dispute.
  • You have your own Abbey webspace, this may be a more appropriate place to air grievances about social media, without involving a third party.

This is not intended to diminish your concerns but it is intended to illustrate that we are here to assist with disputes related to the content and/or trading that goes on here. We've been used as space for long running feuds in the past and we have no desire to go back there, it has no benefit for Members and only creates cliques and ill-feeling, which are of no use to anyone here.

looking at it that way yes your correct , I have no way to reply on the platforms these allegations are written so thought an open forum would be good but your correct guys it isnt the place.

Thanks and stay say guys.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1