INGs Style Front Bumper and Headlight Washers?

JAllen28

Evening All, 

I am looking at getting a INGs style front bumper and wondered if anyone had used either from 'Advanced or EPR Racing' links below; 

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/advanced-nissan-350z-ings-v2-front-bumper.html 

https://epracing.co.uk/epr-products/bride-fabric/1474/350z-ings-style-front-bumper-detail.html

I see that KBD do a Polyurethane version but is a little out of my budget but might be worth waiting a an extra month or two if it is worth the extra cost. 

My next questions is, are headlight washers a requirement for MOT? and if so is it pretty straight forward for a body shop to sort this? 

Any feedback is always appreciated!

16 hours ago, msitpro said:

Not an MOT item - they're there due to UK/EU rules for manufacturers.

I have Nismo v2 replica bumper and did away with the headlight washers 2 years ago.

Spot on thank you mate I will bin them off then.

Yeah, im with msitpro

sold mine when i put my polyurethane bumper on, they are an inconvenience at best anyway and most people on here detest using them as they spray washer fluid all over you bonnet as well as the lights, lets face it, if anyone leaves washing their car long enough for the headlights to need assisted washing aids then either they shouldn’t be responsible for a car or are probably driving illegally already as the number plate is lower and will be masked well before the headlights. 
i did read somewhere on here that it is part of mot that if fitted they should work, but we can take the “if fitted” literally and unfit them. 

On 28/06/2020 at 18:41, G1en said:

i did read somewhere on here that it is part of mot that if fitted they should work, but we can take the “if fitted” literally and unfit them. 

Think I actually dug out official MOT doc and read that part.

There's a few other things that the 'if fitted' rule applies to as well.