Chrome

ATTAK Z

I need help from you detailing guys again please.

T37.jpeg.6c6f62a363cebc3ea66b7969e1ea9dec.jpeg

The photo above shows a new side repeater lens for my TR6 which I've recently bought. This one fits the LHS. The one that fits the RHS is available but without the 'chrome edge'. Now the 'chrome edge' is a strip of tape adhered to the inside of the plastic lens and it's not a high quality item as you can probably see.

I would like to spray a 'chrome edge' on the outside of the two plain lenses I've bought (hope that makes sense) and I'm hoping for a better job than the original if I DIY it.

Here's a pic of the RHS lens without the 'chrome edge' ... it just doesn't look right.

T36.jpeg.45e4ac06251a69dab0b5881aa315ab44.jpeg

So my question is, what is and where do I buy the answer to this first world problem I've got ...

It depends on how near perfect you want to the result to be really.

You can buy self-adhesive chrome trim/edging which you may or may not be able to get in the right size with some searching.

Another option is chrome paint. To be honest, the finish always tends to be bright silver rather than chrome of the ones I've seen. On a small part it may be passable with enough care and attention, but it will probably never be perfect. If you got the paint route, you're likely to get better results from a 3 stage approach; I believe black is the best base (but could bleed through to the chrome if you're not careful), chrome layers until you're happy and then you may (or may not) not want to add a top coat for shine.

You can also get chrome paint pens that might be an alternative to spraying, but with similar drawbacks.

Or you can now get some decent chrome films which give a better chrome finish than paint, if there's a lip to apply it to.

• Thanks 1