Booked in at horsham, anyone got an original airbox?

Subjated

Hi All 

i've got the Z booked in at Horsham for a remap in a couple of weeks. few things I want to do before it goes.....

1 change the spark plugs: Does anyone have any recommendations? / model number I can order?

2: Airbox, i've posted a pic before of my under bonnet, big cone air filter and carbon fibre induction thing fitting by the PO, sounds great but it gets so hot that you cant touch it! since hot air intakes are no good to anyone, does anyone have/ know where I can get an original one or have any ideas how to shield it in the best way (I work for a sheetmetal company so thinking making up an "airbox" out of Alu to shield the heat)

if anyone has any other suggestions, much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Ive got one with filter I can lend you. I can hand it to @Lewis Schwier on Saturday, who I believe lives not far from you.

1 hour ago, Eddie_r32 said:

I have an airbox and not that far from horsham buuuuttttttt, if its only temporary Jez may have one also you want to map it with the set up you will keep so if you want the cone filter make that work for you

thanks guys be great if I can borrow one! looking at eddies point though am I best to try and buy one (maybe yours is up for sale davey :teeth: ) and keep it with whatever it goes on the dyno with? or keep the cone thing and try and make a box up for that? when I spoke to Horsham they said that cone filters could cost 15BHP that seem loads to loose, is keeping the cone filter and the bhp gain possible? 

+1 for NGK, but I usually go with iridium- https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/fuel-ignition/spark-plugs/574-350z-de-ngk-iridium-spark-plugs-set-for-standard-engine-4469-kt.html

Have you asked @ZMANALEX if he has any airboxes?

Failing that if you can't find one you could get an aftermarket CAI like this-https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/intakes/intakes-system/403-350z-de-injen-cold-air-intake-sp1986blk.html

Definitely get the car setup with the correct parts before the tune, there's no point getting a remap if you're immediately going to swap bits out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack94 said:

+1 for NGK, but I usually go with iridium- https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/fuel-ignition/spark-plugs/574-350z-de-ngk-iridium-spark-plugs-set-for-standard-engine-4469-kt.html

Have you asked @ZMANALEX if he has any airboxes?

Failing that if you can't find one you could get an aftermarket CAI like this-https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/intakes/intakes-system/403-350z-de-injen-cold-air-intake-sp1986blk.html

Definitely get the car setup with the correct parts before the tune, there's no point getting a remap if you're immediately going to swap bits out. 

NGK I Believe it is then :)

Ill send a PM, also i've put a pic below of the engine bay, got any idea what this intake is? there is a vacuum hose underneath connected to the carbon fibre bit, anyone know what that's for? 

ill buy another system if need be, just want to get it done correctly before the tune, as you say don't want to change things after,

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you got sorted, nice looking bit of carbon but as I'm sure lots of people have said, the problem is that it will just be sucking up hot air from inside the engine bay.

Making up a box as you've suggested should help if you duct it with cold air from outside the engine bay.

Edited by Sim

• 2 weeks later...

On 06/07/2020 at 16:12, Sim said:

Hope you got sorted, nice looking bit of carbon but as I'm sure lots of people have said, the problem is that it will just be sucking up hot air from inside the engine bay.

Making up a box as you've suggested should help if you duct it with cold air from outside the engine bay.

Sorry just seen this, managed to keep the nice looking bit of carbon and get an original airbox of @ZMANALEX  fitted a high flow air filter and she made 292bhp so not bad I thought, dunno if it is or not but it shifts! 

• Like 1