My First Z - 370z Nismo

Hello All,

I bought my first Z car last Monday and having given it a good clean this weekend I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself, plus, this forum has already been a valuable resource for buying tips, mods, suggestions and problem diagnosis already.

I bought a 370z Nismo and so far it has been great, i went for a 1-2 hour drive on some countryside B roads last night and I think it is probably the most fun I have ever had driving a car.

The car has 36k miles and the previous owner/s have already made some tasteful mods, a private plate, blacked out the wheels and a powerflow custom backbox.

The car is in pretty good nick but it is due a service and I have it booked in at a Nissan garage for one + a health check, so hoepfully they don't find anything scary. It also has a coupple of dings on the rear bumper that I am getting sorted at a body shop.

Looking forward to meeting you all :).

p.s If anyone knows anything about the history of this car i'd love to know!

IMG_20200621_154237.jpg

IMG_20200621_154223.jpg

Edited by Mahoney
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi buddy have you found the car tramlining yet dont know if all nismos suffer with the same issue 

I can't say I have, the dealer I bought it from put new tires on for me and presumably did an alignment at the same time, could that have delayed or fixed the issue?

1 hour ago, Humpy said:

Welcome and where are you based?

Congratulations on the purchase :)

Thanks! I am Cheltenham/Gloucestershire based, do you know if there are any others here? I have seen a few Z's around.

4 hours ago, Mahoney said:

I can't say I have, the dealer I bought it from put new tires on for me and presumably did an alignment at the same time, could that have delayed or fixed the issue?

Possibly i don't even know if they all do it, all good if it don't  have that problem, nice zed though enjoyB)

Edited by ShortPaul
Grammar

8 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Nice ZED dude. Yep ive gone on 2-3 hr spirited runs using as little as 30 miles of petrol. Have you thought about ppf on the front bumper and side skirts. 

Hi, I've thought about it, but not looked at any prices, any idea how much something like that could cost?

££££ not cheap. Id say the most important bits are the red trims. Something like front bumper, bonnet, mirrors and fenders can cost as much as £1500 at a place like Topaz in London. There will be places that do it cheaper though as its just a wrap. Id shop around. 

I heard that they use a machine to make the cuttings. I dont see how it different than wrapping. 

I visited a place in London. They wanted £800 for bonnet and front bumper as well as fenders.

I didnt bother with my current car though as ive already got some chips which ill get to later