Rear air deflector badly installed and problems with the folding roof

P147

C212472E-411C-401E-BB1B-335535EFD987.jpeg.015724693e5016df844b7111d306f601.jpegHello users, 

I’ve just bought a new 2019 370z roadster. Unfortunately, after collecting the car from the dealer I realized that the rear air deflector set up behind both seats was badly installed. The outcome is that it leans on the car body itself causing minor scratches. Astonishingly, the Nissan technical service said that to me that the warranty can’t be applicable in this case. So, I asked for, at least, properly reinstall it. Surprisingly, they told me not to be sure how to do it????

Besides, the folding roof hits the cover whenever the system is used. 

I would really appreciate if anyone could suggest me how to solve both problems. 

Thank you very much in advance and mind regards.

Edited by P147

Yep, fault present at purchase, within first 30 days right to reject the car or of course ask them to fix it. Three checks are sufficient quality, fit for purpose and not as described. Clearly this isn't fit for purpose, its up to you, if you are happy with the car ask them to fix it if they refuse just reject the car. Don't start putting your hand in your pocket or getting other work done on it, get straight back to the dealer. Out of interest, did you buy it on a credit card?

Hi, thanks for your replay. Due to the pandemic I could not check the car thoroughly till last week although it was bought in March. The pair of issues I mentioned in my previous message are the only ones I found. The fact is that Nissan official technical service seems to be overwhelmed now. It is also my first Nissan  car after several BMW and VW and I don’t have any practical experience yet with the trademark. Anyhow, my opinion regarding its post-sales services is not the best for the time being. I will try one more time talking to its costumer service dept. I’ll keep you posted if you’re interested. This issues are even useful sometimes for Nissan management teams aiming to know how some of their services are dealing with costumers. 

Hi again and thanks for your contribution coldel. For your info I went to the official technical service on June 4th. They said that they will fix the folding roof (apparently it is just a question of adjusting the mechanism) and a warranty claim was opened.  I’m still waiting for a call. In my view, a 40.000 € car deserves a better service in case of troubles. I don’t pay by  credit card. It was financed. Regards, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hope they have resolved the issue with your hood

Hi, thanks for your interest. Not yet but I’ve finally arranged an appointment with the dealer next Monday. In principle, he’s willing to analyze the problem with his technician and trying to find a solution.

I’ll keep you posted. Regards, 

31 minutes ago, P147 said:

Hi, thanks for your interest. Not yet but I’ve finally arranged an appointment with the dealer next Monday. In principle, he’s willing to analyze the problem with his technician and trying to find a solution.

I’ll keep you posted. Regards, 

Cheers mate all the best with it

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

just for your information. The dealer made me aware that Nissan accepted to repair  both things in warranty;- the folding roof as well as the minor scratches caused by its technical malfunction. According to the technician the air deflector wasn’t the problem (it’s well installed). The problem was caused by the malfunctioning folding roof system itself which lifted upwards a little bit the car part below the deflector. 
Anyhow, I am still waiting for news. My car is at the workshop from June 22nd. Seemingly, they are not working swiftly. 

Yes. The Nismo model is even more expensive  and complex than my 370z roadster. After this experience I realized that it is a risky business to buy an expensive car made by a car maker which is not a premium brand. If you face troubles, dealers do not know how to react properly and sometimes they  do not know even how to fix your car. In my case, they have needed to consult someone else at the Nissan’s Central Distributor (that’s the reason of the delay according to them). Well, I’ll see what will happen next week. I’m crossing my fingers. 

On 05/07/2020 at 17:02, P147 said:

Yes. The Nismo model is even more expensive  and complex than my 370z roadster. After this experience I realized that it is a risky business to buy an expensive car made by a car maker which is not a premium brand. If you face troubles, dealers do not know how to react properly and sometimes they  do not know even how to fix your car. In my case, they have needed to consult someone else at the Nissan’s Central Distributor (that’s the reason of the delay according to them). Well, I’ll see what will happen next week. I’m crossing my fingers. 

Good luck with mate