Sound Advice

Ian

I'll start by saying I am not an audio guy at all, I listen to music in my car but I'm not an audiophille by any means.

I've stripped my interior ready to install sound deadening - This is to make the car more comfortable and quiet for my daughter rather than to improve sound quality of the stereo. So, while I am doing this, is there any benefit in just replacing the speakers or best to stick with the BOSE ones?

I'm not looking to do a full install, I dont want any massive subs or amps.

I have zero experience with audio other than replacing head units, would I need to replace the wiring if I did replace the speakers?

Given what you've said your goals are I would stick to the Bose.

I'm not an audio guy either but for something to do during lockdown I decided to replace my Bose system. Also, I had a rattle from one of the cones that I wanted to cure.

What I can say is that it becomes a bit of a rabbit hole. I replaced the speakers only without new wiring, separate amp and replacement sub and whilst I notice some positive difference in quality it wasn't worth the effort imo.

To do the job properly with wiring etc. it'd be even more effort and whilst the results would be infinitly better I'm not into car audio enough to care. Plus the costs can rise quickly.

Replacing the front door speakers was the most time consuming part for me, as to prevent the magnets fouling the door glass I needed to make custom mounts. You also need to make sure the door cards fit over these new mounts.