Helloooo from Dorset, 350z newbie

Hello,

I'm a new member and new owner of a 350z 2007 HR. I have to say it wasn't a car I was looking for, rather it found me :) and has a few going concerns, but I was aware of these before purchasing.

The first concern is the clutch.....

I am currently in the process (or rather my husband is) of replacing the clutch which although only done less then 4k miles ago is knackered. So seeing as though I have to replace it anyway and it's already in pieces, do I replace with standard including the DMF or should I uprate it and change to a SF? It will be mainly an A to B car (me driving) with the occasional lunacy (my husband when he gets his hand on the keys) Not that I necessarily want to drive it sensibly, I just don't have the confidence (yet) to push it.

This is my first sports car. (Slightly nervous but quite pleased too)

Thank you for stopping by and looking forward to meeting you all :wiggle:

Hi and welcome to the OC. My wife has a 350z vert. when she got hers it was her 1st sports car. She loves to hoon it about when the chance arises :lol: I can't advise about the clutch, but I am sure someone will be along soon to advise you.

• Haha 1

Hi and welcome,  I too have a 07 HR and have just fitted a JWT lightweight SMF and uprated CSC from Torqen.  Only done 250 miles on it so haven't been able to cane it yet but the car drives great, slightly heavier pedal, spins up faster, a little more chatter but can drive it much the same as OEM.  Just need to lower the bite point on the pedal.  

• Like 3

Hi and welcome to the club, congrats on your purchase!

We have plenty of JWT clutches in stock with a standard iron flywheel or the lighter flywheel (a bit more chatter at idle, but faster acceleration). Also worth considering to inspect and replace the concentric slave cylinder if required, they tend to fail and if they do, the gearbox would have to come out again. 

Let me know if you need the links and will get these posted here.

Thanks Torqen, Ewen from Clark Motor Sports sorted me out with a great Xtreme set and I finally got it on the road yesterday.  Must admit it does have great "Smiles per Mile" 

Thanks Ewen.