9.5J All round, What Offsets?!

JAllen28

I am about to fork out some Rota Grids to would appreciate some feedback from some people more knowledagble than myself. 

I have a GT edition with brembo brakes and what to know what offsets I would require to 1. fit over the brakes and 2. have perfect fitment once lowered either 17mm eith Teins or 30mm with others. 

Front 8.5J what offset? 

Front - 9.5J what offset? 

Rear - 9.5J what offset? 

My current wheels require a 10mm Spacer but it means I have to extened the wheel studs, something I really dont want to have to do. 

Can someone confirm what offsets I would require for the above with no spacers and no extension of wheel threads! 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, roadtrip said:

Are you looking to get 18" or 19"? Might be helpful to know what size tyres you're thinking of running too. :thumbs:

18"s and tyre can be flexible as I'm need to buy new tyres anyway so whatever suits best. 

I assume 9.5J would be 255/45 front and 265/45 rear? 

8.5J front would would be a 235/45? 

Thanks

I would go with 245/40 on the 8.5", 255/40 on the 9.5" fronts and probably 275/40 for the 9.5" rears, possibly 285/40.

I'm not sure what offsets Rota Grids are available in or what look you're going for but offsets in the 15-30 range for front and rear would work.

4 minutes ago, roadtrip said:

I would go with 245/40 on the 8.5", 255/40 on the 9.5" fronts and probably 275/40 for the 9.5" rears, possibly 285/40.

I'm not sure what offsets Rota Grids are available in or what look you're going for but offsets in the 15-30 range for front and rear would work.

Okay thanks mate! 

And those tyre sizes would be good if I dropped 30mm? 

Also I assume I won't need to extend my wheel threads? Just asking as with my current wheels thats what im going to have to do and don't want to. 

You shouldn't need to extend your wheel studs if you're not using any spacers.

My car is dropped 20-25mm and I've run 245 front, 275 rear with offsets as low as 20 for may years with no rubbing. If you you really want to max the drop and the width, i.e. 30mm drop and a low 12 to 15 offset with 255 and 285 tyres then you would be best to check if anyone else has done it, 25 to 30 offset would be safer with those tyres.

Also, if you decide on the 285/40 rear tyre you could consider 10.5" wide.

Your best bet might be to speak to one of the forum traders like Tarmac Sportz who can probably suggest and supply a good setup to meet your needs!  

15 hours ago, pintopete58 said:

Will try and help my front are 9.5 x 19 with + 23 off set.
Rears are 10.5 x 19 + 30 off set I have 275 tyers on rear and tein springs all round and no spacers

Thank you mate, have you got any pictures? 

speaking to Chris at tarmac sportz I think I’m gonna go with the below

Front 18x9.5 ET20 with 255/40/18 

Rear 18.10 ET15 with 265/40/18 

What would be the reasoning behind our different offsets on the rear? 

20 hours ago, roadtrip said:

You shouldn't need to extend your wheel studs if you're not using any spacers.

My car is dropped 20-25mm and I've run 245 front, 275 rear with offsets as low as 20 for may years with no rubbing. If you you really want to max the drop and the width, i.e. 30mm drop and a low 12 to 15 offset with 255 and 285 tyres then you would be best to check if anyone else has done it, 25 to 30 offset would be safer with those tyres.

Also, if you decide on the 285/40 rear tyre you could consider 10.5" wide.

Your best bet might be to speak to one of the forum traders like Tarmac Sportz who can probably suggest and supply a good setup to meet your needs!  

Been speaking to Chris over at tarmac sportz and he has been a massive help!

Chris knows his stuff so I'd be inclined to go with his recommendation. I personally would prefer a 275/40 on the rear to maintain the 20mm stagger of the standard tyre widths but with a 15 offset he may be playing it safe. Might depend on which tyres you're going for as some are wider than others even when marked as the same size.

The difference in offset will either be down to his experience or the availability of offsets for the wheels you want. Most wheels come in limited sizes and offsets.

19 minutes ago, roadtrip said:

Chris knows his stuff so I'd be inclined to go with his recommendation. I personally would prefer a 275/40 on the rear to maintain the 20mm stagger of the standard tyre widths but with a 15 offset he may be playing it safe. Might depend on which tyres you're going for as some are wider than others even when marked as the same size.

The difference in offset will either be down to his experience or the availability of offsets for the wheels you want. Most wheels come in limited sizes and offsets.

As long as it will look good and have no issues with rubbing once its lowered I'll go with Chris's recommendation I reckon. 

Thanks for your help though

7 minutes ago, JAllen28 said:

As long as it will look good and have no issues with rubbing once its lowered I'll go with Chris's recommendation I reckon. 

Sounds like a wise move, I'm sure it'll look great. :thumbs:

10 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

The reason for the difference is yours are 15 & mine 30 you'll need 15mm spacers to get it to look like mine

Other way around, adding spacers reduces the offset. You would need 15mm spacers to go from your 30 to the proposed 15.

6 minutes ago, roadtrip said:

Other way around, adding spacers reduces the offset. You would need 15mm spacers to go from your 30 to the proposed 15.

Sorry to sound stupid but what would be the effect of going for a higher rear offset looks wise with a 265/40, more poke?

I'm aiming for flush fitment. 

3 minutes ago, JAllen28 said:

Sorry to sound stupid but what would be the effect of going for a higher rear offset looks wise with a 265/40, more poke?

I'm aiming for flush fitment. 

A reduced offset brings the wheels out so Chris's suggestion is spot on for a flush fitment. pintopete58's rears will sit further in but then he has a wider rim and tyre to compensate.

24 minutes ago, roadtrip said:

A reduced offset brings the wheels out so Chris's suggestion is spot on for a flush fitment. pintopete58's rears will sit further in but then he has a wider rim and tyre to compensate.

Got ya, it all makes sense now :lol: 

Thanks for helping out mate, I know exactly what I need now; 

18x9.5 ET20 245/40 

18x10 ET15 265/40