370Z Nismo Tyre Replacement Options

s1xtyn1n3

I am looking to replace the stock Dunlops that came with my 2018 Nismo.

The sizes currently are

245/40R19

285/35R19

I have seen a lot of people talking about Michelin PS4 and PS4 S, but it doesn't seem like they do one matching the size of the rears I have currently. What's confusing me is that if I let blackcircles or where ever suggest tyre size based off the reg, then it comes back with correct size for the fronts but shows as 275/35R19 for the rears. Now I don't know if this is just wrong, or if the Nismo has different tyre sizes to the other models or what, but what I do know is I don't have a foggiest how tyre calculators work! 

So option one is to use a 275/35R19 or 275/40R19 if they will fit, or to look for something else.... (Hankook Ventus Evo 2's look somewhat similar for a similar price).

Really need some advice here! :)

• Like 1

im having similar issues locating a tyre, I replaced the backs on my 2016 Nismo last year with Bridgestone Potenza S001 and want to replace the fronts now.  I cant seem to locate a pair of S001 at all, but there seem to be loads of Re050A Potenza and im not sure how they compare at all. 

Best I can find is an Potenza S007 with a load rating of 94, original tyres are a 98. not sure if thats a problem or not!  

3 hours ago, s1xtyn1n3 said:

285/35/19 just don't exist for MPS4's any more it seems. I have even talked to Michelin about it and they don't know when or if they will do them again.

Realy ? 

That's a bugger.... edit tyre leader have them 

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/michelin/pilot-sport-4s/285-35-zr19-103y-806787

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

I just bought a set of 265/35/19 and 285/35/19 for the mkii nismo wheels on my wife's 370Z roadster, grip and drive are great. :)

And as pointed out above, I got them from tyreleader, it was about £900 in total, but we both think it's worth it.

I run the same front and a 305 on my nismo mkii rears, copes very well with the extra power.

1 hour ago, s1xtyn1n3 said:

Michelin got back to me saying that PS4's should be back in stock early July so will wait for that and see what that does to prices, otherwise i'll probably just suck it up and go with TyreLeader

I managed to get my local tyre place to meet tyreleader price but fitted 

You can always try that angle