Invidia Gemini (HFC or no-HFC)?

BigPoch

Hey guys,

I've just purchased an Invidia Gemini cat back exhaust from Torqen (Thx @Adrian@TORQEN) and just wanted to understand the difference in sound & performance if i add a HFC? 

Based on your experiences, would you get the HFC ? :D I've been looking for videos for the Gemini w/o HFC installed and cant really find anything, most have HFC installed. Really want to know the difference in sound between having a HFC and not.

Thanks for your help

Edited by BigPoch
  • Like 1

I've got the gemini paired with Torqen HFCs and I find the sound perfect for me personally. It's not overly loud that it's antisocial, or deafening when you're cruising but it has a lovely roar to it when you put your foot down. 

Whereabouts are you based? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack94 said:

I've got the gemini paired with Torqen HFCs and I find the sound perfect for me personally. It's not overly loud that it's antisocial, or deafening when you're cruising but it has a lovely roar to it when you put your foot down. 

Whereabouts are you based? 

Hey Jack - appreciate your response. Im based in London :S Have you ever heard the gemini without a HFC i.e stock ? Is there a major difference?

1 hour ago, Umster said:

HFC do add appeal to the noise and if you're due a remap, it's a definite yes (gains and the true VQ engine note).

You in North London? 

im South East London but wouldn't mind driving up to hear if you're proposing :D  Not planning on re-mapping with just a catback exhaust change, although would do if i got the HFC and a new intake

Unfortunately I am running a 370z with Tarmac HFC and ARK GRiP so probably not much help. I'm sure someone will come along with more relevant advice but yeah, do all your mods and then remap to finish it off. 

Hope you get a chance to enjoy the Z this summer! 

• Like 1

I'm running the resonated invidia with the ART test pipes. 

It almost sounds stock on idle, similar to what was mentioned above, lovely sound when you put your foot down. It pops a little from time to time as well B)

4 hours ago, Ogman said:

I'm running the resonated invidia with the ART test pipes. 

It almost sounds stock on idle, similar to what was mentioned above, lovely sound when you put your foot down. It pops a little from time to time as well B)

Hey have you dusted the zed off fella, or is it still in storage. ?

3 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

Hey have you dusted the zed off fella, or is it still in storage. ?

Yeah it's back out on road again now :) needs a bit of TLC though just waiting for all of this to blow over before I can get it booked in anywhere. Hope you and the zed are well mate.

Sorry to hijack the thread @BigPoch !

On 05/06/2020 at 09:02, BigPoch said:

Hey Jack - appreciate your response. Im based in London :S Have you ever heard the gemini without a HFC i.e stock ? Is there a major difference?

I was going to offer you a listen of my setup but I'm near Warwick so a bit far away sadly! 

I've not heard the gemini without HFCs because I had the whole system put on at the same time. I'm guessing the tone would be the same it'd just be a bit quieter more like OEM. 

On 05/06/2020 at 10:53, BigPoch said:

im South East London but wouldn't mind driving up to hear if you're proposing :D  Not planning on re-mapping with just a catback exhaust change, although would do if i got the HFC and a new intake

i've got a Gemini on my 350z with stock cats...i'm in SE London

• Like 1

• 1 month later...