Gear stick vibe

Percyfilth

I'm not sure about the getting worse bit but the 350z has a very characteristic vibe through the gear knob.

At first it did my head in.

Was buzzing in my hand lime a rampant rabbit with a broken off switch.

Now when I drive the zed after driving the wife's car its reassuringly lively like a dog tugging on a lead itching to go out for a walk :teeth:

Maybe post up where you are so you can compare knobs with other members nearby :lol:

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Vibratechnics mount is what you want 

It changes the drive dramaticly for the better 

I'd agree that a poly aftermarket mount makes the drive feel much more connected but if vibrations in the gearstick are the issue, doubt going this route will settle the nerves B)

Edited by Umster

4 hours ago, Umster said:

I'd agree that a poly aftermarket mount makes the drive feel much more connected but if vibrations in the gearstick are the issue, doubt going this route will settle the nerves B)

I suppose so 

The 370z manual box is a agracutral old thing isn't it 

Nice and strong though :lol:

Personally I'm just surprised at how much gear shifts change when you swap over to a better knob :lol: cracks me up every time I say that. 

But yeah a good gear stick and a good transmission mount is the way forward for spirited drive. 

15 hours ago, Umster said:

Personally I'm just surprised at how much gear shifts change when you swap over to a better knob :lol: cracks me up every time I say that. 

But yeah a good gear stick and a good transmission mount is the way forward for spirited drive. 

Yeah and the gearbox dosnt feel like it's floating about under you 

Did you go for a heavier knob :lol: