Just joined

Hi

Just invested in a 2007 350Z with my son.  What I know about cars you could write 10x over on a postage stamp so I'll have loads of questions for some advice.
Please bear with me!

20200602_205750.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ATTAK Z said:

Welcome to our club ... looks like you've got a rare edition there ... Midnight Blue with Frost leather and LMGT4 wheels in need of a refurb

Many thanks !.....you are right about the wheels needing a refurb.  The centre hubs say NISMO and are black and seem fine so won't need diamond cutting or anything I think.  
The NISMO stickers on the spokes I gather can be bought off of the net....so hopefully its a simple refurb process.  Do you know if there is a specific colour code for this gold?

2 hours ago, KCook said:

Many thanks !.....you are right about the wheels needing a refurb.  The centre hubs say NISMO and are black and seem fine so won't need diamond cutting or anything I think.  
The NISMO stickers on the spokes I gather can be bought off of the net....so hopefully its a simple refurb process.  Do you know if there is a specific colour code for this gold?

I would get them refurbed as this car. That's the classic colour for a 350Z. They would then be worth over £1000.00 if you ever wanted to sell.

Edited by ATTAK Z

Welcome to the OC :wave:

Gorgeous combo of wheels and body kit.

Here's some pics of my LMGT4s when they were box fresh in 2007 to give you a better idea of what a fresh refurb in silver with polished lips looks like

LMGT4s box fresh

Tell me that ain't the sexiest finish for these rims:throb:.

They do need a lot of care though being polished lips.

BUT

With regular washing and protection, 11 years later with my zed used daily they still looked good in 2018 after a clean and a coating of gtechniq wheel armour 

Nismo LMGT4s awaiting a coat of C5

.....and a pic this year

Stolen plates

I think the fact the spokes are painted and not polished helps.

I have another car with diamond cut faces and they ALL got white worm after about 4 years nomatter what I did. It would creep in at the side of the spoke that rotates forward along the edge as if the spoke slices through the air and is bombarded my brake dust on that edge breaking the lacquer integrity and allowing corrosion. I had them refurbished under warranty and they've all corroded AGAIN. That's 2 sets of wheels damaged in 9 years with only 39k mileage!

• Like 3

On 05/06/2020 at 00:28, HEADPHONES said:

Welcome to the OC :wave:

Gorgeous combo of wheels and body kit.

Here's some pics of my LMGT4s when they were box fresh in 2007 to give you a better idea of what a fresh refurb in silver with polished lips looks like

LMGT4s box fresh

Tell me that ain't the sexiest finish for these rims:throb:.

They do need a lot of care though being polished lips.

BUT

With regular washing and protection, 11 years later with my zed used daily they still looked good in 2018 after a clean and a coating of gtechniq wheel armour 

Nismo LMGT4s awaiting a coat of C5

.....and a pic this year

Stolen plates

I think the fact the spokes are painted and not polished helps.

I have another car with diamond cut faces and they ALL got white worm after about 4 years nomatter what I did. It would creep in at the side of the spoke that rotates forward along the edge as if the spoke slices through the air and is bombarded my brake dust on that edge breaking the lacquer integrity and allowing corrosion. I had them refurbished under warranty and they've all corroded AGAIN. That's 2 sets of wheels damaged in 9 years with only 39k mileage!

Wow....they are NICE!....had not thought about different centes but that looks way cool.

Am defo thinking of changing from gold to silver in due course....

Picture of my engine......please recall I am NO mechanic.
My question is how come I have a different layout for the air filters with one each side....is this a modification.....

IMG_1970.jpg

25 minutes ago, KCook said:

My question is how come I have a different layout for the air filters with one each side....is this a modification.....

IMG_1970.jpg

No you have a 2008 HR model which is standard, the prior pre-2006 & 2007 UpRev only had a single intake. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KCook said:

Your car is 2007 and therefore has the HR engine with twin air intakes and the bulge bonnet. That's good BTW. :)

• Like 1