Tyre Paint

RichCox350Z

Each to their own, you can get decent paint from ebay though it will need constantly topping up and will "yellow" with dirt, salt etc. 

Some tyres are easier than others, painting Michelins is much easier than painting Hankooks. 

Can get rubber lettering and glue but tends to be pricey. 

Well I’m still running the Dunlop’s that Nissan installed when I picked the car up in Feb. 
keeping them white isn’t an issue as I love to sit and do things like that, plus I clean her like every 2 weeks lol.

just still very unsure...

19 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

On the right car with the right mods they look great. Keeping them white is an issue 

@HEADPHONES I’ll just leave this here

C02E72AB-442C-4D01-B29D-A048D4420046.jpeg

i'm not sure what is worse, the Roadstone tyre paint, the GTR badge or the open fuel lid! :lol:

• Haha 3

It’s a gtr-nismo don’t you know...

Yea we had a good laugh at this on whatsapp. I should’ve blacked out the Scotland flag as well, we’re not too proud of this one

That zed has gone to a whole new level of Halfords modifying! Why is the fuel cap open? Tacky aftermarket rear lights. GTR Nismo, hilarious!

As for tyre paint, every example I have seen the white gets dirty after one drive and looks pretty crap. Maybe get some white walls instead ;)

Edited by coldel
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Umster said:

Ditch the tyre lettering and spend the time/money on painting the calipers (some funky colours and effects around these days) . Only Nissan that can pull off tyre lettering is the GTR imo. 

and the 350Z GTR Nismo? :#1:

• Haha 1

Used to use a grout pen to paint the tyres on my old bikes. It looked good in my opinion, the letters would only be 20mm tall though due to smaller side walls. 

On the right car it could look good. Lowered with a big ass wing & aero 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 23/03/2021 at 12:46, CalvinPomfret said:

You can buy tyre lettering sets online - I’ve gone a little outlandish with it in honesty but think it looks pretty decent:

0B1A64BE-3FBF-482A-B5E7-ED4415AEB17C.jpeg

I know it’s an old post but what glue did you use ? Ta