370 nismo

Hi All

Been considering a 370z nismo for a while now. I have the found following:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202005289609304?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=AL109bt&model=370 Z&sort=price-asc&page=1&aggregatedTrim=Nismo&make=NISSAN&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&modal=description

Does anyone know the car or have any advice? The trader keeps repeating its a nice car with all questions I have... 

Edited by Embalm-a
Spello
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2020 at 18:52, Andy_Muxlow said:

Hi and welcome along. Nice looking car, although decats will need a friendly mot tester :thumbs:

Any suggestions where to find Mot passable cats?

Someone must have a pair of standard Nissan  ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embalm-a said:

Hi buddy nice looking zed, its been up for sale for quite some time now, dont know if there's a reason behind that, hopefully not :) thats all i know about it, cats should not a issue as there are traders on this forum that will help you with standard cats or HFCs if you prefer, good luck with it stay safe

On 02/06/2020 at 10:27, Embalm-a said:

The trader keeps repeating its a nice car with all questions I have... 

borat-110907-1425815988.jpg

"niiiice is car yes? You buy! It very niiiice car"

:lol:

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Haha 2

I picked up a 370z Nismo a couple of days ago and I also considered this one when buying. Personally, it had already had too much modified on it and I wanted something more original. 

I also echo ShortPaul's thought, seems a bit of a high price for what it is. 

There isn't a lot else around at that £20k range atm (i know because I've spent the past 4 months there haha) and I know its frustrating, but i'd wait a little more for another one to come up, as you'll probably get a better car for your money.

16 hours ago, Embalm-a said:

I think I have a standard set of cats for a 370Z at home I will have a look later when I get home from work. If you wanted highflow cats you could try @Tarmac@TarmacSportz for some they will sort you right out. :thumbs:

20 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi buddy nice looking zed, its been up for sale for quite some time now, dont know if there's a reason behind that, hopefully not :) thats all i know about it, cats should not a issue as there are traders on this forum that will help you with standard cats or HFCs if you prefer, good luck with it stay safe

Thanks for the info! 

18 hours ago, Mahoney said:

I picked up a 370z Nismo a couple of days ago and I also considered this one when buying. Personally, it had already had too much modified on it and I wanted something more original. 

I also echo ShortPaul's thought, seems a bit of a high price for what it is. 

There isn't a lot else around at that £20k range atm (i know because I've spent the past 4 months there haha) and I know its frustrating, but i'd wait a little more for another one to come up, as you'll probably get a better car for your money.

Rang up about this one .. The guy was not particularly helpful 

So turns out it was from down south... Horsham. Up to Scotland last year. Had four/five owners... He's closed with no access to a ramp as asked for pictures underneath as buying blind and a Nissan in Scotland 

Also look at the panel gap on the bonnet... Been off I reckon

Maybe to spray the red bits out of the splitter... Or to fix a crashu? 

Signs ain’t great and just did a mot history check

Edited by Embalm-a

If you're keeping it OEM/OEM+ then I'm sure there's a few MK1 Nismo's on AutoTrader atm. They'll be good to go view. 

If you're going to mod it, then I'd say get a base/GT depending and mod that instead. I mean if you want to put a CAI, exhaust and springs/coilovers then the uprated OEM exhaust and suspension are wasted from the Nismo. 

1 hour ago, Umster said:

If you're keeping it OEM/OEM+ then I'm sure there's a few MK1 Nismo's on AutoTrader atm. They'll be good to go view. 

If you're going to mod it, then I'd say get a base/GT depending and mod that instead. I mean if you want to put a CAI, exhaust and springs/coilovers then the uprated OEM exhaust and suspension are wasted from the Nismo. 

I would keep OEM but the above mentioned advertised seemed to be for a reasonable price 

Not keen on the mk1 nismo and feel a base/GT would always fall short if you saw a nismo mk2, but are they worth the extra cash... 

3 minutes ago, Embalm-a said:

I would keep OEM but the above mentioned advertised seemed to be for a reasonable price 

Not keen on the mk1 nismo and feel a base/GT would always fall short if you saw a nismo mk2, but are they worth the extra cash... 

I have likes and dislikes about the mk1 and the mk2, i like the mk1 because it is so rare but not keen on the seat's but that's just my opinion 

Just had a quick look at the red Nismo, here's what I think:

1. Car has been resprayed, door handles are body colour and blend very well, which tells me they were sprayed at the same time with the doors / other panels. From what I remember Nismos don't come in red, but I might be wrong.

2. DRLs are missing, sounds like a front crash, didn't want to replace these when rebuilding the car as they're expensive

3. Wheels have also been powdercoated, not the original finish. 

4. Front bumper doesn't align properly with the bonnet, could be an aftermarket / EuroCarParts bonnet or the it wasn't properly adjusted.

HPI check seems to pass, but could be an unrecorded accident. Needs a proper look and way better price. 

Good luck with the hunting.

4 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Just had a quick look at the red Nismo, here's what I think:

1. Car has been resprayed, door handles are body colour and blend very well, which tells me they were sprayed at the same time with the doors / other panels. From what I remember Nismos don't come in red, but I might be wrong.

2. DRLs are missing, sounds like a front crash, didn't want to replace these when rebuilding the car as they're expensive

3. Wheels have also been powdercoated, not the original finish. 

4. Front bumper doesn't align properly with the bonnet, could be an aftermarket / EuroCarParts bonnet or the it wasn't properly adjusted.

HPI check seems to pass, but could be an unrecorded accident. Needs a proper look and way better price. 

Good luck with the hunting.

Good points! Thanks 

20 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I have likes and dislikes about the mk1 and the mk2, i like the mk1 because it is so rare but not keen on the seat's but that's just my opinion 

What are the other differences? Mk1 only available as an import? Only considered Mk2 as I prefer the look...