ONR newbie

davey_83

Its only took an international pandemic, but after many many years its time to put on my big boy pants and be brave!!!

I make it 15ml (one cap) per litre dilution for a pre wash spray bottle? Any tips from users would be appreciated, as it's very much uncharted territory.

61667239_IMG_20200601_173433539_HDR2.jpg.088c4bad2048f2634fb1d387b6cbfe58.jpg

1oz in 2 gallons of water.

Or in English; 256:1. 29.625ml in 7.58 litres of water. Or 3.9ml per litre. For a "normal" wash.

Or ~16ml per litre for a clay lube.

Or ~47ml per litre for a QD.

Tips; use plenty of cloths; flip/change regularly. Keep them wet and saturated. Do one panel at a time and dry it immediately. Be aware of what you're doing and you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Nice one fella, so x5 caps in my 20lts Bal bucket. What about ratio for pre wash 1ltr spray bottle? Is that more towards clay lube rather than qd ratio.....

Edited by davey_83

10 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Nice one fella, so x5 caps in my 20lts Bal bucket. What about ratio for pre wash 1ltr spray bottle? Is that more towards clay lube rather than qd ratio.....

Depending on how you intend to use it, anywhere between the two would be fine.

ONR really does need to be wiped off, so pre-wash use would depend on how you intend to remove it;

If you're just using it to spray on/wipe off then more towards QD ratio (the more dirt, the stronger it should be obviously, but if it's just light dust you could reduce it slightly).

If you're spraying on a panel to add extra lubrication when washing with ONR (or normal shampoo) then lube ratio will do the job.

If you're planning to spray on/rinse off, I wouldn't bother at all because you won't get much out of the product at all to be honest.

As a pre-wash it tends to work best if you spray the panel more-or-less immediately before washing to add more lubrication, it's not like a snow foam where it needs time to dwell to break down the dirt though - the last thing you want with ONR is for it to dry out on the panel.

• Like 1

Will be using it to pre soak the panel before washing with ONR, help lift the dirt prior to contact. Will be strange to wash a car without suds or a hose, but possibly a hose pipe band is coming as it's been so dry since the end of March so let's get ahead of the curve.