Smearing after polish

Cn12345

Hey guys,

just spent the last 3hrs washing and polishing the car and noticed I have a load of smear marks over the car when the sun hits it (didn’t notice earlier as the sun wasn’t on it). Is there a reason why it’s done this? Not using any crap products, used chemical guys black light shampoo followed by chemical guys v38 polish by hand. I have to admit I used oldish microfibres which were clean but I wash with fabric softener (usually throw these in with a few other it of clothing), could this be the issue? Any help appreciated, pic below shows what I mean. @ilogikal1 I know you know your @*!# :lol:

6E0BF261-EA56-4936-A303-FC3E65CF4F2C.jpeg

Have you tried a quick detailer over the top to see if it takes it away? Guessing but it’s possibly some residue from the polish, how thickly did you apply?

...as mentioned Ilogikal I am sure will be along shortly

Edited by coldel

Just looks like it needs an extra buff to pick up the oily residue. 

This can be caused by a few things, most likely over application, not working the product to sufficiently break it down or oversaturated cloths when buffing off (or any combination of the three).

Try a clean cloth, spritzed with a bit of QD (just one squirt misted over is ore than enough) or dampened with clean water (wet it, wring it out as much as you can by hand, you want it damp not wet!) and then buff a small section and it should clear right up. Turn the cloth frequently until you run out of clean sides then switch to another cloth - you’re probably looking at 3-4 cloths to buff the whole car at this point.

Looks like marring to me, very easily done when trying to polish by hand. Also those swirl marks can be caused by a number of things also. Marring specifically can be caused by various things, dirty/damaged cloths (do not wash with fabric softener!), poor prep work, dusty environment, over application, under application. Like ilogikal1 said when buffing off its a good idea to spiritz the buffing cloth with some QD.