New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

12 minutes ago, Ekona said:

https://fb.watch/f757VYXoV1/

Sorry it’s an fb link, but it certainly shows another side to this car. 

Think that battered press car has those Bridgestone tires. The suspension set up is softer with a bit of bodyroll. A few reviewers have complained about it. Electric power steering well it is what it is. What are people expecting from EPS 😂.

Its definitely not a 50k car. The 370 gives you a more planted experience and the standard car is lighter by 80kg than the new Z. If they do a Nismo or Special edition they should iron out these issues.

Better off dumping a VR30 in the 370 and being happy with your suspension and brake kit modifications. See Noir TM on Youtube.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

370z Nismo seems a bit sharper on the corners. It looks a bit better from the side/front

The criticism is a soft suspension, crap brakes and tires. Unsettled on the track. They went too GT. Its marginally quicker on a winding track than the Nismo

I dont know why it took so long for anyone to do this comparison. That just shows you the Nismo is a superior car. If it had a VR30 it would beat the new Z on the track.

Nissan should have at least gone with better tyres and Suspension for the Sport version. Maybe the Nismo will fix these issues.

5 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

The criticism is a soft suspension, crap brakes and tires. Unsettled on the track. They went too GT. Its marginally quicker on a winding track than the Nismo

I dont know why it took so long for anyone to do this comparison. That just shows you the Nismo is a superior car. If it had a VR30 it would beat the new Z on the track.

Nissan should have at least gone with better tyres and Suspension for the Sport version. Maybe the Nismo will fix these issues.

Better looking (subjective) - I prefer the rear lights on the new Z giving a stretched out look but it's lost the muscular wheel arches which is a shame. Nismo MK2 was the pinnacle of the 370z design 

I wasn't too impressed with my 370z Nismo brakes tbh so the new Z having worse ones is mind boggling

Interior is p close too given those Nismo seats. Wheel design isn't much diff also. 

Its a fair criticism because Nissan want to markup cars and charge 70-125,000 dollars. So is it better than the older models? The new Z has a more powerful engine and android auto/apple car play.......

Americans said the 370 Nismo wasnt much different and heavier to the 370 ST. It was more a clout thing. So by definition the new Z performance should be better than the outgoing Nismo if the differences are minimal bar aesthetics and wheels. Theres pressure on Nissan to improve over previous Nismo and current Sport/Performance models to justify the hefty price tag accompanying it. 

If i have a nismo now what justification is there for spending an extra $30k instead of dropping in a vr30 for 7k and maybe new springs 1k lol

1 hour ago, hmale4yu said:

Better looking (subjective) - I prefer the rear lights on the new Z giving a stretched out look but it's lost the muscular wheel arches which is a shame. Nismo MK2 was the pinnacle of the 370z design 

I wasn't too impressed with my 370z Nismo brakes tbh so the new Z having worse ones is mind boggling

Interior is p close too given those Nismo seats. Wheel design isn't much diff also. 

I reckon brakes are due to the typical corner cutting Nissan..Ported gearbox and engine with not much in the way of modification. 

Remember OEM pads are @*!# anyway. I saw way more improvement when I went with Hawk pads and aftermarket discs which were shaved due to juddering. No tramlining. 

They expect people would buy then spend hard earned dollars modding to "fix" issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2022 at 21:11, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

If they had brought it here, I definitely would have waited to get one. Such a shame that they won't. Hopefully they'll make a hybrid version with 450+bhp that'll satisfy Euro rules. Yeah wishing upon a miracle, I know.

They dont have confidence in it but all the rivals are here though. Interesting that the new Mustang will be £50,000 which is probably what it would have cost if it came here.

• Like 1

Thats why smart people wait 3 years on a car like this. Iron out the issues, first owner deals with the depreciation and knowing the dealer on a first name basis. Also not paying full price on a rehashed Z. 

Is 40k all in door to door a good deal on this Z? I think thats going to be the cost door to door after 36 months. It probably wont hold value like the Supra as its not a new car underneath. A few flaws have been highlighted already. 

Anywho first thing id do is change the springs and get some spacers. Something i never did on the current Z. Just due to the reported bodyroll. EPS is already being reported to be numb. I guess you wont know till you drive it.