New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

What's going on at 4:35 and especially 8:20?! He shifts but the delay in shifts causes him to bounce of the limiter?

They don't sound great shifts, I am sure he will mention them in his road review when he can talk more about it 

• Like 1

Mehhh for the price point, I don't expect the auto to be a game changer, it's just got to work. It'd be great to see dyno charts and how the engine behaves over the rev range. 

I mean even BMW struggled with launch control on their last iterations of DCT. Auto boxes have so much info going into them to process, they can fall over pretty easily. 

The Holy Grail atm is the ZF transmission and Nissan don't have it. It'll be nice to see how easy it is to remap the gearbox and tune out the niggles. There's always been an issue (cheap and/or small tbf) with the Z and the aftermarket has always come to the rescue. 

• Like 1

Hence my Supra thread after seeing a few videos. They dont have to be perfect but if its minimally improved over the JATCO slush in my current 2012 car plus my cars lighter and can be supercharged for 10k. Its not a justified purchase unless its discounted and youre getting the manual

Aftermarket is the saviour. Thats why the price point cant be high lol...LSD, Exhaust, Map for better shifts. Already getting towards a couple grand at least. hmm

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Exhaust prices these days are becoming a joke. Guess the market knows with all the noise/emissions regulations that there is a cash cow of a market. Granted, I have no issue paying a small fee towards the large research costs on some of the aftermarket exhausts but jheeze. 

Again, I guess I'm happy to judge knowing I won't buy one brand new, especially not until a face-lift model with all the little easy fixes comes out 😇

And the trouble is you can now get a Supra with a manual from a UK dealer and have a brand new car, not one that’s essentially twenty years old underneath. I cannot for one minute imagine this being better in any way than the Supra. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Umster said:

Exhaust prices these days are becoming a joke. Guess the market knows with all the noise/emissions regulations that there is a cash cow of a market. Granted, I have no issue paying a small fee towards the large research costs on some of the aftermarket exhausts but jheeze. 

Again, I guess I'm happy to judge knowing I won't buy one brand new, especially not until a face-lift model with all the little easy fixes comes out 😇

Countered by noise cameras going up in most residential areas. Your local reps can request a trial lol.

Face lift will probably be towards 2030. Then I wonder if the conditions for import will change to only care owned for 6 months abroad or more or some silly rule. 

21 minutes ago, Ekona said:

And the trouble is you can now get a Supra with a manual from a UK dealer and have a brand new car, not one that’s essentially twenty years old underneath. I cannot for one minute imagine this being better in any way than the Supra. 

Space aside regarding the Supra I agree. They are smaller inside. Anyone over 6 foot will get a new hairstyle due to the low roof. 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Totally right. 

However, I was a big fan of the Z. Its old school enough to enjoy but now with a refresh inside, the car might be a bundle of fun all over again. 

Engine was bulletproof, parts were easy and cheap to come by and you didn't have to keep them OEM+. People liked modding them as they saw fit. 

There are better cars than the Z but they cost plenty to buy, to service and/or to enjoy daily. No performance turbo gassed car gets 35mpg on a run like the Z. ECP/Torqen/Tarmac don't expect a small fortune for pads/fluids/dispensables. 

1 hour ago, Umster said:

There are better cars than the Z but they cost plenty to buy, to service and/or to enjoy daily. No performance turbo gassed car gets 35mpg on a run like the Z. 

Let me introduce you to the BMW 1 series ;) 

Cant say Im overly excited about the 400Z (like I possibly am by the Emira), still seems a bit heavy and not exactly at the cutting edge of technology, FI is good for increasing power though I suppose. Like someone else said, maybe 5/10 years ago this would be a winner but not for me, neither is the Supra for that matter though :lol: 

2 hours ago, docwra said:

Let me introduce you to the BMW 1 series ;) 

Thank you but no thank you 🤣 forced my Mrs to hand hers back in cause its an overpriced piece of slush. Hate cars with 4 seats that fit 2 humans and 2 legless manikins.

2 seats, silly looks and something that isn't overpopulating every car park. Yes please! 

Edited by Umster
  • Haha 1

12 mins for exhaust 

How do you avoid the two tone and get a unibody that offer 370 type flare to the rear quarters. I havent seen the spec list lately. If Unibody is only available with base trims then id rather get that and mod

Edited by GranTurismoEra

On 07/05/2022 at 12:56, GranTurismoEra said:

12 mins for exhaust 

How do you avoid the two tone and get a unibody that offer 370 type flare to the rear quarters. I havent seen the spec list lately. If Unibody is only available with base trims then id rather get that and mod

I was going to do a post about this which echoes you're thoughts. (Unfortunately) the mono colours are that gun metal grey, black and burgundy (yuck lol) in the base trim with those five pointed star wheels not the Rays ones. I think the look completely changes just by having one bodycolour throughout. Also notice that the hatch rear glass does not have bottom section beneath it painted black like with the two tones. This car is becoming more of a what if tbh real shame 

If it meant settling for two tone then maybe best to get the premium trim (with the fancy interior, LDSm rays etc) but with the rear mud guards - they actually compliment the rear spoiler somewhat to make the rear end a bit more cohesive. Still prefer the simplicity of the base version tho

280201632_546136497029689_1814577710562298228_n.jpg

For me the lights are not wide enough. The only real difference is the straightness of the rear Whereas the mustang has a sloping rear not completely straight down. I don't think the design is bold in any way. Its a bit german and safe to be honest. The unibody gives the rear quarter a more prominent appearance. Thats about it.  

The only reason Americans are saying its better looking than the 370Z is because its new. While the 370Z looks dated. I rather stick to a 370Z Nismo in terms of looks its superior and im very tempted in future to get a nismo for keeps lol. Unfair comparison maybe. I cant see the Nismo being amazingly better looking than the standard car. Not in the same way the 370 nismo v2 is transformed from standard car. Can reference the red car showcased few weeks ago a slight improvement. with front bumper and arch liners. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

8 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

I still can’t like the rear, it’s sort of looks stuck on like an after though :shrug:

I agree thats the downside of the higher spec trim level - the spoiler and mud flaps look tacked on and def going to get dust/dirt trapped inside also. The base econospec looks better but unless you like gun metal or black then will have to opt for 2 tone

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

For me the lights are not wide enough. The only real difference is the straightness of the rear Whereas the mustang has a sloping rear not completely straight down. I don't think the design is bold in any way. Its a bit german and safe to be honest. The unibody gives the rear quarter a more prominent appearance. Thats about it.  

The only reason Americans are saying its better looking than the 370Z is because its new. While the 370Z looks dated. I rather stick to a 370Z Nismo in terms of looks its superior and im very tempted in future to get a nismo for keeps lol. Unfair comparison maybe. I cant see the Nismo being amazingly better looking than the standard car. Not in the same way the 370 nismo v2 is transformed from standard car. Can reference the red car showcased few weeks ago a slight improvement. with front bumper and arch liners. 

Yea the 370z Nismo is tempting for me too but I sold mine for £26k so will not be wanting to pay more than £20k. Ideally 1/2 owner. White, silver or red. Market still strong maybe 2024 it drops. I know the new Z wheels are the same size as the Nismo so potentially get a mid miler Nismo and swap the wheels if they are in terrible condition.