New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

46 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Yep. Maybe youll be able to compare the Stang and the Z if you can get a test drive. Different planets but would be interested to hear how both are to drive. 

I will keep an eye on my local dealer and see if I can wangle a test drive, but TBH I am expecting anything that comes in to already be sold for a good year or so 

On 26/04/2022 at 15:11, GranTurismoEra said:

Z Base price coming in from Japan is 5.2 Million Yen or $40,000. Around £32,000. 

I dont think the base manual has the Rev matching tho

tbh I prefer the wheel design although the wheel arch gap is a bit big. Plus would be more comfortable around town

Had a look into the Jap specs and tbh the very basic spec seems like the best deal 5,241,500 YEN  / $40,890 

1. Auto or Manual  (Rev match tbc)
  2. Pretty much all the exterior colours to choose from
  3. Miss out on the suede seats but doesnt really matter esp if you're happy with black cloth (which pairs well with the brighter exterior colours)
  4. Better looking alloys (subjective I know)
  5. Day to day British cruising no need for the performance add ons, staggered set up. Together with the Auto I feel this would be the best daily driver spec esp in cities. more then enough performance for the price for most ppl
  6. Cleaner rear end without the spoiler (subjective again I know)
  7. Bose set up on this spec should be sufficient as well as the infotainment esp coming from a 370z

Seems like this $40k  spec is only for the Jap market not US - can anyone confirm?

Edited by hmale4yu

17 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

I dont think the base manual has the Rev matching tho

tbh I prefer the wheel design although the wheel arch gap is a bit big. Plus would be more comfortable around town

Due to US market markups it will be more expensive in US. Is that the spec youre interested in? 

I think after a year with a few miles at best only a few grand off. Due to the situation with chips....

Edited by GranTurismoEra

50 minutes ago, RDON said:

does anyone have any Japan car dealer contacts that we can discuss ordering and shipping to the UK with? we could set up a team to work together to import them over?

My mate works for Nissan UK. I'm sure if you really wanted one it would be possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sim said:

My mate works for Nissan UK. I'm sure if you really wanted one it would be possible.

Apparently Nissan London West imported a few Skylines in the past according to one Service Manager. Not sure how true that is

They closed down and its just renault there now. So not far fetched. Just dont expect Nissan to touch them officially. 

Base cloth seats don't look too bad tbh and passable given the cost saving 

Aesthetically the rear spoiler/front chin spoiler delete looks cleaner imo

This base spec has a different exhaust but tbh the high end trim isnt known for its sound note

Think the only omission is the open diff instead of a LSD -  but is it really going to negatively affect the driving dynamics esp for daily driving?

I'm still confused as to whether this econo-spec is Jap only? That would be better for us intending to import 

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

Didnt they say US was only getting 3 trims. Sport, Performance and Proto. Sport being similar to base in Japan.

No word on if thats being used to test a road going Nismo version. I cant see it being more than a 20-30 hp hike with aero kit. Something you could do with the base car. Another 150 hp+. 

49 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Didnt they say US was only getting 3 trims. Sport, Performance and Proto. Sport being similar to base in Japan.

No word on if thats being used to test a road going Nismo version. I cant see it being more than a 20-30 hp hike with aero kit. Something you could do with the base car. Another 150 hp+. 

I'm p sure the Japs are offerred a econo spec that's lower then the cheapest US spec. That's the one im referring to and is v cheap considering. 

On 28/04/2022 at 16:15, GranTurismoEra said:

Import for yourself or Import to sell? 

yes for myself, but then also for other interested owners

• Like 1

Good to see someone interested in taking this up. Good used examples would be better value with a few miles. Despite leaving the showroom their values will still be high due to demand and current situation with new cars. In the low to high 30s. Its customs that would send it over 40k even for a base near new. Although id need a fat loan to procure one as my current car is only 25% of the value door to door even used. Need to start saving up lol

Hopefully Litchfield, Abbey and a few others can offer some aftermarket maintenance on them. If Q60 is anything to go by.

Lazy slushbox. Almost as bad as mine lol. Manual is the way to go 

Hopefully somebody can provide a software update for the gearbox. Gearing is a bit long too. For a 9 speed shorter ratios and longer 7,8,9th gear....

Obviously the Supras ZF8 is superior im sure it would raise the price of the car even further to develop something similar or put a DCT. Jatco can update it via software if they get enough complaints lol

Mind you cars heavier than 370Z by 80kg apparently so handling may be more laboured. There was some understeer .

Edited by GranTurismoEra