New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

6 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

If it looks like another car im sure its purely coincidental. I prefer an angular grill and hope there will be numerous options available including a Nismo version 1 style and an angular vented grill with redesign for aftermarket.  

According to rumours it will cost more in Japan than in US. Around £44000 or $61,000. This adds around £15,000 to the base model not accounting for markups. Close to 7,000,000 Yen.

There will be Version S, ST and Proto Spec. Looks like youll probably save money importing from the US and use the difference to clear the car.  £44,000 is a rumour but expected price for Japanese market. Supra is still £54,000 new in Japan without discounts. 

I think this might be an exaggeration as $20,000 above US price in the home market while possible doesn't add up. I think US price will be higher and Nissan USA cant guarantee prices. Average being around $45-$50000 

Do you think its reasonable to presume therefore a newish import from Japan will be late £40s/early 50k mark? 

I know with inflation and increasing costs but I'm sorry but its not mind blowing enough visually or performance wise to warrant that cost. 

• Haha 1

Mate..... with the used car market set to continue staying strong due to chip shortage and cost of new cars...If anyone is hoping for swift depreciation youll be waiting a while.

370z Nismos in Japan are north of £30,000. So £44,000 assumed UK price if released here would have been short. 

So yes if you wanted it brand new you would need to part with near £60,000 to clear. If the car cost £44,000 specced add 30% to that another £15000 youre looking at £60,000 if you know the shipper on a first name basis and hes only charging £1000 to ship.

But hey no ones buying brand new unless youre a dealer etc...crazy money for a 370Z rebodied. Its not a new car from the ground up. At £60k you could get a near new M4 lol or Cayman. 

I dont even think your standard drive off the lot knock £10k off would apply here while the hype is still there for at least 6 months to a year.

The Supra in 2 years has depreciated by £14000 but thats going by the fact its extremely low sales.

Id say unless youre willing to pay around £35k just to buy the car itself used or down the line youll need to wait around 3 to 5 years and hope no one wants the damn thing lol. Based on current used market worldwide its not going to depreciate by much. 

Oh the BRZ GR86 is around £23000 in Japan. Might need to look again. Crazy difference. Theyre capitalizing on the hype. Cant blame them lol.

6.9 million Yen for Proto spec. Still cheaper than a Supra by £10,000

Screenshot_20220114_174003.jpg

Screenshot_20220114_140421.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Better off spending an extra £10-15k and getting a LC500 if the new Z comes in at £50k

Better resale (V8) , better looking, Lexus reliability and sensible owner history usually, still a rarity, better sounding (V8), nicer interior

Edited by hmale4yu

Tbh at that money there’s a million* other cars you can pick from, that all trump the new Zed in one way or another. Let’s be honest, anyone buying one of these wants one simply because it’s a Zed, not because it’s a better car than any of the alternatives. 

*may or may not be true. 

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

Tbh at that money there’s a million* other cars you can pick from, that all trump the new Zed in one way or another. Let’s be honest, anyone buying one of these wants one simply because it’s a Zed, not because it’s a better car than any of the alternatives. 

*may or may not be true. 

Hate to agree with you on this one 

My personal opinion is that its only worth making a left field choice if there is something unique about the car - Alfa 4C with the carbon tub, Lexus LC with its looks. The new C8 Z06 has a ridiculous engine and sound. Still a slight chance the Nismo might be something special

its not going to be 50k forever if you're buying used. After a year and some miles they'll be going for 35-40k possibly 30k depending on the used market in 18 to 24 months and beyond

LC500 is another category of car. The Z will run rings around the LC500 couple with the fact its around 300-400kg lighter. Youre not going to track an lc500. Whereas you can track and daily the Zed. There are rumours its lighter than the 370Z. No one knows how good or bad the 9 speed will be. It may be better acceleration wise and on the track than the Supra. 

Conveniently Manual Supra is rumoured to be coming out but at 50k plus. Once the hype dies down the Z will be more accessible price wise cheaper than the Supra on the used market. 

People waiting for the Nismo should expect to pay $55k which is what the Supra costs. I cant see a huge power hike. A bodykit, different seats and lowered for another £10k on top. 

The standard car will sell in the states and Canada as the alternatives are more expensive. Not to mention there are enough enthusiasts willing to buy it. There are people who are buying their first Nissan according to newnissanz and zclub forums. I know its hard to believe lol

I dont know enough about the C8, although i heard about reliability issues when one youtuber drove across America. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Having seen those videos I'm starting to think that whilst not a bad looking car, the proportions are more stretched out compared to the 370z giving it a less compact/muscular look. The area above the rear wheel arch is a bit less cohesive/more separated off compared to the 370z which literally  has a huge fender flare to it. The new doors look sharper with the angled side creases but the bonnet appears more stretched out. Just doesnt have the same planted, stocky look of the 370z. Maybe they will suprise us with the Nismo. That deserves to be a £50k car, not this 

Edited by hmale4yu