New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Im sure they will do similar colours to last time. White, black, silver, red and I reckon there will be a possible blue and grey option this time. Depends on demand which I think will be high for USA....dont know about anywhere else. 

The 2020 nismo only came black and white no option for any other colours

You're right. Speaking of Nismos £38,000 is the dearest. Im sure someone will still pay it for the last of the Nismo with 2k miles. 

I remember when they were £30-£34k with less than 3k miles. 

If it did come to the UK I wonder what the prices would be on the 370 2017 onwards with decent mileage. 

I think used car values aren't increasing like they were few months back. The German brands will hold/increase values more.

I'm not sure if using the current used Mk2 Nismo prices gives any indication to the potential depreciation of the new Z if one imports one in in say 2023/24. Importing one in could be risky one as it could take a big depreciation hit as by then depreciation rates will have returned to normal  and I don't think the car is special enough to generate any buzz/demand. A safer bet would be to wait for a limited run Yaris GR when that comes . As much as I like the new Z you cant let your emotions totally dictate your wallet!

Lol GR Yaris might be great around a winding track that takes 50 seconds to complete, and fun in its own way. I dont think the audience is the same at all. 

For me the GR86 with a Supercharger is a better bet. Just a shame journalist are claiming 21-26 mpg. I guess it may or may not be the reality.

Youre right you could import a used performance model with 8,000 miles and 1 year old for say £28,000 retail as was £35,000 new with options according to US exchange rate. 

By the time you pay customs and VAT youre heading in the wrong direction of £37,000. Better off waiting a few more years and like you said its not special enough to warrant that kind of headache when there are so many other options from Toyota, Mazda, BMW etc...Plus upcoming models.

Realistically youd need to wait 3-5 years and dealers in Japan or US would have to be struggling to shift them for any price within reason. 

The 350 and 370 still do the job. If you dropped a VR in an auto Z its practically that. The new Z is apparently carrying Z34 chassis number. 

The reviews may not rate the car as highly. Have to wait and see 8 months to go 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

"That schedule will also be uncomfortably close to the proposed EU7 introduction date - and Cartier confirmed that Nissan has no plans to invest in its engines and vehicles to make them compliant with the new rules. “Strategically we are betting on electrification,” he said, “to the point where we are not investing in Euro 7.”

From an article regarding axing the Micra and the current gen Leaf. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Looks mean. 8 months to go

What looks mean, the photoshopped wish-list grey one? 

What concerns me is how many of these photochops we’re getting so soon, because the base car isn’t remotely exciting enough to give people the wants. 

• Like 1

Then therell be something else to complain about if it did lol

Theres still a buzz for it in US. Not sure about anywhere else. I had a page running on Instagram previously and a youtube and people are eagerly anticipating its release and seeing on the roads. 

I think the Japanese are receiving it well although theres a bit more criticism for the design etc.

The aftermarket will be buzzing to get started on kits. At end of the day it doesn't matter if its plain or overkill people will still make modifications. 

Considering how many times someone has urinated on this parade, I'm very surprised it still hasn't died 🤣

Gunmetal picture looks epic, pretty sure someone will make it happen. JDM always had a big and fun aftermarket scene, much more fun than the "downpipe and remap my VW" crew. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ekona said:

What concerns me is how many of these photochops we’re getting so soon, because the base car isn’t remotely exciting enough to give people the wants. 

The Japanese market will stick bodykits on anything and everything, new or old.

Outside of Japan it's being aimed squarely at US 'import-tolerant' yoofs.

There's very little chance of ever seeing a stock one anyway.

4 hours ago, Umster said:

Considering how many times someone has urinated on this parade, I'm very surprised it still hasn't died 🤣

Gunmetal picture looks epic, pretty sure someone will make it happen. JDM always had a big and fun aftermarket scene, much more fun than the "downpipe and remap my VW" crew. 

Death is imminent mate, especially that its not coming here. 

4 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

The Japanese market will stick bodykits on anything and everything, new or old.

Outside of Japan it's being aimed squarely at US 'import-tolerant' yoofs.

There's very little chance of ever seeing a stock one anyway.

Outside of attending a jap meet or Z meet highly unlikely. High amount of Z owners never attend meets too. 

Amazing HP deals in US for the yoof as well. Some kids first car. Look forward to the youtube videos  ill be subscribing to see what they do with them. I want to hear what it sounds like with a good system.

Also the street races should be fun. Just like the Supra ones. 1, 2, 3......

I can see lots of youtubers jumping on the bandwagon and selling up after 6 months.