New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sorry, “Rayseng wheels”?!?!?? :lol: :lol: :lol: kinda lost interest in anything else he had to say after that!

Front does look okay there, I’ll admit. Rest of the car looks gopping. It’s such an incohesive mess from the A pillar backwards. 

• Haha 1

On 06/10/2021 at 09:29, GranTurismoEra said:

Its aight....Still rate the 370Z Nismo higher in design terms. More quirky, can be mistaken for a new EV. This looks good but seems much safer and less risk design. I think its worth £30-£35k but the extra 10k to get it here bar the covid excuses is questionable 

I think you have to compare this to a 70 GT, ie comparable spec and the new Z looks way better imo. 

That makes no sense at all, at the end of the 370z life, Nissan sold both the GT and Nismo versions therefore you have to compare the new car looks wise to that of a 370z GT not a Nismo for a fair comparison. It's like comparing a 458 Speciale to a 488 GTB, when the comparison should be Speciale to Pista - just my thoughts.

Lol but people have been comparing it to the Nismo if you go back in the thread.... Because for Nismo owners it might be toss up whether its worth 15k extra to trade up or not. 

Its not an unfair comparison as many have said Nismo is nothing more than a fancy bodykit. I dont know much about Ferrari editions. I do know some 458 hold higher value and those owners might have compared their special editions or low milers to the new car and realised their 458 are more sort after and pure. All subjective mate.....

I hear what you're saying though.

Nissan-Z-Nismo.jpg

• Like 1

It would be disappointing if there is no Nismo version just Nismo parts. Imagine Nismo bodykit sold alongside Nismo lowering springs and shocks. Nismo stitched Recaros, Nismo sway Bar, Nismo steering wheel, Nismo rims with Tyres all for a round figure because no Nismo version. Could be an opportunity for Nismo to make money on key aftermarket parts. Or should we say OEM plus plus. Might be better off than trying to produce and sell a Nismo Z at $55,000+ with little profit and much effort. 

• Like 1

Possible issue with the new Z is that a Nismo version will basically contradict the whole retro/minimal aesthetic that were going for on this new version in the first place. Unless the Nismo is like the 370z Mk2 and has a more factory, subtle & less Halfords look to it  then it might be a car that is going in different directions. The type R is based on the Civic which is already a fussy design. The Polo/Golf GTI are mild bodykits on an already simple shell. I think that in order to make a new Nismo Z more cohesive they will have to make the red accenting less like they have been bolted on and maybe a 911 style automated spoiler

I disagree, take something like a Carrera S you can buy that's a classical 911 retro yet sleek looking car and those sell very well however Porsche will also sell you a GT3 version with wide tyres, bucket seats, splitters and a huge wing as this appeals to a different client. The Nismo will appeal to a slightly different owner over the base car. 

The blue render shown above is subtle enough. Slightly different front bumper and rear with the addition of a lip spoiler and side skirts. For something that tries to represent Z of past its not over done. Yet it looks like an improvement over the plainer looking GT.

The simplicity does remain from the previous gen. Its more plain and straight. The addition of those bits in the render are a nice touch to give a bit more style. Many will probably modify and add similar bits by week 2 of getting the car. 

Ill just look for the least annoying "I did this to the Z and you wont believe it" youtuber to check out next summer.

Since it dawned on me unless a local importer brings it in a container may still cost over £10k 😂

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 07:49, davey_83 said:

I disagree, take something like a Carrera S you can buy that's a classical 911 retro yet sleek looking car and those sell very well however Porsche will also sell you a GT3 version with wide tyres, bucket seats, splitters and a huge wing as this appeals to a different client. The Nismo will appeal to a slightly different owner over the base car. 

The 911 is bit of an exception to the rule imo. Also factor the Nismo will come only in two colours (White and Black) whereas you often see GT2/GT3s in Miami Blue, Lizard Green, Lava Orange etc If there were some exclusive Nismo paints offered as well as quad exhausts then I would retract my opinion 😁

On 26/08/2021 at 12:45, GranTurismoEra said:

https://carbuzz.com/news/nissan-doesnt-care-about-new-zs-0-60-time

Apparently Nissan doesn't care about 0 - 60 or beating the Supra. Its not about that. 

Its going to be quicker than the Nismo 370 especially the Automatic. 15% increase puts it at 4.2 seconds not far of the E92 M3. I think that plenty fast for the road

Both trims will feature launch control

My manual E92 M3 only did it in 4.8 seconds...so I'd very happily take this new Z at 4.2 seconds for sure! :D

I'm not sure how many times I've mentioned it(a lot!)...but I'm still really gutted that this isn't coming to the UK. :cry:

20 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

My manual E92 M3 only did it in 4.8 seconds...so I'd very happily take this new Z at 4.2 seconds for sure! :D

I'm not sure how many times I've mentioned it(a lot!)...but I'm still really gutted that this isn't coming to the UK. :cry:

the nail in coffin is the price of a shipping container now. There will be imports just a thing of price and if the dealers know much about Z lol. Theres a dealer 6 miles from me that imported the Patrol V8 only 1 in UK apparently and a few American cars and trucks.

So we ll see what happens in a few years. If I ever get the funds apparently he can source a car. I expect it to be at least £40k+ by the time it arrives and maybe up to 3 years after release. It could take more than 4 years to go down in price like the 2015-2016 370 Nismos did briefly. Once production ends it could create the same issue we have now with the 370z. Sudden bump in newer models..

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1