New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

On 24/08/2021 at 10:56, GranTurismoEra said:

Not sure but had a couple Japanese guys complaining on one of my videos about why they didnt make it 2.5 liter or something like that lol

If it was a 2.5 it would be about £75 cheaper per year than the 3 ltr. If they are complaining about it being a 3 ltr then maybe they should go for a BRZ/GR86 :)  

16 hours ago, Ekona said:

You don’t need different steering modes in any car, get it right the first time and that’s it. I’ve never ever driven any car where the “light steering” option felt anything other than utterly stupid. Not saying that electric steering can’t be good, as it can, but saying it’s an upgrade is a huge stretch. 

youre assuming 5ft Miss Daisy wouldn't be buying the car with her tiny biceps. Not everyone has the same comfort level when it comes to manouvering the car at slow speeds 

Also a lot of people ripped Nissan for dated tech... So they offered what the Germans offered. Lol.....

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Actually, I will assume that Ms Daisy has no interest in one of these at all: considering the vast majority of people who actually buy these kinds of cars aren’t going to buy one either, it’s safe to assume that the likelihood of Ms Daisy’s suddenly deciding to get one cos it has electric steering is tiny. 

And I’m not talking about going non-PAS, there was nothing wrong with the steering in the 370 and I’ve yet to meet an EPAS rack that bettered the hydraulic generation. Hardly likely that this is going to set the world on fire in that regard. We’re going off track here though, my original point was the joke of Nissan saying that this is an upgrade, which it isn’t. 

5 hours ago, Ekona said:

Actually, I will assume that Ms Daisy has no interest in one of these at all: considering the vast majority of people who actually buy these kinds of cars aren’t going to buy one either,

I cant speak for others but from what ive seen a lot of people who had the 370 are going to buy it in USA etc. I dont know about 350 heads as the attempted evolution to 370 was deemed not good enough.

They are just trying to cater to different crowds because remember when the Germans do it its amazing and great and the journos love it.

It may not be an upgrade but the car has to evolve... people wanted tech, theyve given you tech. Criticism was Z was barebones compared to the German equivalent.....

I had the 370 nismo twice no issues with the steering but ive also had an electric steering system which works well too. Depends on how intrusive it is. Each to their own though. 

Its going to be a daily for majority of Americans, canadians and Australians who buy. So comfort safety etc will play a part. If ppl want barebones go get an older lotus etc

According to some other forums there are a few people whove never owned a Nissan or Z looking to buy.

So theyll attract new customers maybe to make up for the ones that dont want to get the new car. 

Can check the figures in 2023 that will tell us what numbers it did. 4-5k per annum puts it in line with the Supra. 

Speaking of USA ive lived there and seen a lot of 20 something daisies in cars like Z. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

11 hours ago, Ekona said:

£75, or one tank of fuel :lol: honestly, why people worry about road taxes on these kind of cars is beyond me. 

Mehh cause the monthly direct debit to the taxman, who won't repair roads or lower insurance premiums or back the side of the motorist at the petrol takes it toll on people. 

I don't mind paying the money, I'd rather give it to charity instead of some paper pusher. It's the principle - tax my salary, tax my vehicle purchase and tax me for wanting to use the roads? For what? 

47 minutes ago, Umster said:

Mehh cause the monthly direct debit to the taxman, who won't repair roads or lower insurance premiums or back the side of the motorist at the petrol takes it toll on people. 

I don't mind paying the money, I'd rather give it to charity instead of some paper pusher. It's the principle - tax my salary, tax my vehicle purchase and tax me for wanting to use the roads? For what? 

Watching TV ill have some of that, council tax, when you add it up its above 20-40%. Its good they reviewed the costs for road tax in 2017

Edited by GranTurismoEra

48 minutes ago, Umster said:

It’s not road tax. Hasn’t been for donkeys years. 

40 minutes ago, Ekona said:

It’s not road tax. Hasn’t been for donkeys years. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/advice/car-tax-bands

May have well just grammar policed me. 

VED, also known as Road Tax to the normal man, go towards a consolidated fund for the government to pizzle away. Whether its given to councils who may spend it on roads or not is really nit picking. 

Back to the point, I'm looking forward to the Z and its interesting to see the numbers it's churning out with a smaller engine. I'm a fan and all things considered, it would have been a viable option for me - definitely ticks my boxes. 

• Haha 1

Some of the road surfaces in London are so bad youd be praising ones in third world countries. I digress

I'm guessing its going to be difficult to build a business case for the Silvia. If it does get approved I cannot see that not coming to Europe either.

I think the designer hinted at wanting to bring it back. There may be a market for it. Since the GR86 wont be turbo. Maybe the Silvia will offer something different in that sense.

Sad that theyve given up on EU. Mind you American buyers of Z are mostly younger guys with access to funds and large finance packages. They also get less penalties for being a young driver. That itself drives sales which is why USA were selling 150 370z per month pre pandemic. 3 times that of EU.

Even if there was a possibility for EU. I dont think theyd sell more than 500-700 cars in a year compared to 4,000+ cars in Canada, Australia, Japan and US. On par with Supra but with addition of manual trim could be more based on cheaper pricing

Obviously a couple of us will end up getting it at some point. It may not be soon but it only took me 8 years to buy 370z after seeing it in Las Vegas in 2010. Glad I was able to get the Nismo 2 times. We shall see how things play out in terms of pricing. Importation is NOT a big deal. Dealer support isnt needed either.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

America will always be a big market, they don't have the appetite for electric, I mean they haven't even bothered with diesels. Granted they aren't "green" (anymore) - I'm one of them guys who remembers the hype and push to diesels but meh. The US market will always be different and will always have cars we wouldn't even dream of here. 

UK is outside of the EU now so rule changes might help but I guess if they aren't running these sorts of cars on the production line here then they won't be interested in the logistics of shipping them here. Maybe a hydrogen powered car would hit the sweet spot? Green but utilises the current ICE network and infrastructure. 

Really crazy but I'm seeing more and more Z's lately and they all sporting stickers from the big guys on here (Torqen, Tarmac, etc) who have some of their own branded parts. Feel like it's drawing a few parallels to Z1, also seeing more interest in imports of Z's. 

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Initially we were never meant to even get the 350z in the UK, so still hope. 

2003 was still in High School throwing controllers for not making the Gold cup on ps2 Gran Turismo.

The decision to not bring it was justified tbh. There will be a few grey imports. Its just whether youre willing to pay that or get a German equivalent 440i M Sport 2020, used GTR or very low mileage Nismo or TTRS, S5, C43 etc. Only then people realize those used cars have gone up and are just as expensive.

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

There will be a few grey imports. Its just whether youre willing to pay

I was reading yesterday that a shipping container cost $1500 back in 2019 going from Asia to Europe .... its now $17500 😱.... so pay you will quite heavily to get something shipped.

52 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

I was reading yesterday that a shipping container cost $1500 back in 2019 going from Asia to Europe .... its now $17500 😱.... so pay you will quite heavily to get something shipped.

I heard shipping fees have gone up due to covid. Things will soon settle down when business losses start sending companies into the red. If its a large container like the one we have at my workplace it could fit two, three cars and some tires. Lucky for you its a local release just the value added taxes to worry about. 

Id play on the katana sword by wrapping it and adding handles maybe an anime character on the side gripping it..... Lol

When designers design cars its not purely for the best looking car. A lot of the time its symbolic of what they want it to represent. Japanese tend to sway towards a design story (previous generations) or using shapes or representations and molding from there. You could design an amazing looking car. Only to be told it looks like a try hard version of Porsche or Aston Martin. Take it to an art gallery and there will be people that dont like it no matter how you try to fix it. Is it not better to design it with honest intent on what you want to convey than trying to please people that probably wont buy it anyway?! Lol....

. In attempting to make it unique he may have lost a few marks for looks. It is what it is.

Im glad they didnt go with the red modern hatchback that looks like a C-HR. 240, 300, 370 combo is fitting for the last ICE Z albeit imperfections

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Id play on the katana sword by wrapping it and adding handles maybe an anime character on the side gripping it..... Lol

When designers design cars its not purely for the best looking car. A lot of the time its symbolic of what they want it to represent. Japanese tend to sway towards a design story (previous generations) or using shapes or representations and molding from there. You could design an amazing looking car. Only to be told it looks like a try hard version of Porsche or Aston Martin. Take it to an art gallery and there will be people that dont like it no matter how you try to fix it. Is it not better to design it with honest intent on what you want to convey than trying to please people that probably wont buy it anyway?! Lol....

. In attempting to make it unique he may have lost a few marks for looks. It is what it is.

Im glad they didnt go with the red modern hatchback that looks like a C-HR. 240, 300, 370 combo is fitting for the last ICE Z albeit imperfections

Somebody render that swordsman up please. Love it

• Haha 1