New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Looks good to me, I'm glad on a minor styling point they put a little spoiler flick, all Zeds look crap without one lol. Hard to argue with a 400hp manual, no many these days.  Does have a wiff of 370 about it but spose thats just the Zed's of past getting close to copying old skool but now they really have had a go at that.  Shame we won't get it here.  Be interestng to see how it feels to drive with the engine out the Q60. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

4 million Yen seems cheaper than a 370z Nismo with very low miles 

The 370Z base model new in Japan is 3.8 million, 4 million for base Nissan Z should be about right. Nissan Z Nismo will be around 6.5-7 million yen based on the 370z new price.

9 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

The options so far are listed above...I have a spec sheet to post but its very long ..

Yeah seen this posted by Z1 but still no mention of the body colours.

On 18/08/2021 at 04:11, GranTurismoEra said:

They did release the color options. Both interior and exterior.

Exterior:

Monotone: Black Diamond Metallic, Gun Metallic and Rosewood Metallic.

Two-tone: Brilliant Silver, Boulder Gray, new Seiran Blue, new Ikazuchi Yellow, Passion Red TriCoat and Everest White Pearl TriCoat. All with a Super Black roof.

Interior: Black, Red and Blue

@dean_asla Colours are listed on previous page. This is whats available for 2022 until further notice

Only 3 colours will be offered without the two tone look. 2 colours come without the black roof.

Its impossible to list every option and feature in one place. Was going to open up a specs and features thread tbh

Also just like USA are getting 240 Z Proto limited editions. I think Japan will get their own version of limited editions at some point.

Nissan USA said there wont be the traditional preorders. 

Yeah I assume Nismo will be around $55,000 while Performance could be $45,000 without some specced options

Edited by GranTurismoEra

13 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

@dean_asla Colours are listed on previous page. This is whats available for 2022 until further notice

Only 3 colours will be offered without the two tone look. 2 colours come without the black roof.

Its impossible to list every option and feature in one place. Was going to open up a specs and features thread tbh

Also just like USA are getting 240 Z Proto limited editions. I think Japan will get their own version of limited editions at some point.

Nissan USA said there wont be the traditional preorders. 

Yeah I assume Nismo will be around $55,000 while Performance could be $45,000 without some specced options

Thanks for that, I looked twice on your original post and still missed it :) .

Yeah you should open up a spec thread and pin the important information, will be useful for me anyway :) 

5 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

About time, good to see new contributions to the thread lol...At one point it became echo chambers. 😂

At this point I cant see past the blue, yellow looks great but like the blue is much classier. 

Japan said they will announce their price and release date in Winter, I will have to be patient. If they charge much more than the U.S model, then I would probably not buy it. 

35 minutes ago, dean_asla said:

At this point I cant see past the blue, yellow looks great but like the blue is much classier. 

Japan said they will announce their price and release date in Winter, I will have to be patient. If they charge much more than the U.S model, then I would probably not buy it. 

Blue for me. I cant see it being cheap in Japan lol. If the Sport spec is £28,750 that is US market only. I reckon that would translate to £30,000+ JDM....

Theyll be forced to discount if they go too high. Always happens. 

Hope the JDM version removes that side light lol. Not needed outside US. Blue suits it very well.

Ive started saving officially lol. I counted a tenner after smashing the piggy bank. Ill let you know if I ever reach the ballpark for a used one. Ill have to take a trip! Not going over £30k on what is essentially a tech packed 370Z. If used Performance spec becomes available at £26k from £34k new thats good going. Tbh its yen we should be concerned with although left hand drive is barely an option

I want an Auto this time! Still bang for buck but Nissan USA have a thing with dealer markups. So some dealers will list a lot higher if demand is strong. Biggest complaint state side. Maybe youll get it cheaper than stateside as a result.

Opened a spec thread. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Blue for me. I cant see it being cheap in Japan lol. If the Sport spec is £28,750 that is US market only. I reckon that would translate to £30,000+ JDM....

Hope the JDM version removes that side light lol. Not needed outside US. Blue suits it very well.

Ive started saving officially lol. I counted a tenner after smashing the piggy bank. Ill let you know if I ever reach the ballpark for a used one. Ill have to take a trip! Not going over £30k on what is essentially a tech packed 370Z. If used Performance spec becomes available at £26k from £34k new thats good going. Tbh its yen we should be concerned with although left hand drive is barely an option

I want an Auto this time! Still bang for buck but Nissan USA have a thing with dealer markups. So some dealers will list a lot higher if demand is strong. Biggest complaint state side. Maybe youll get it cheaper than stateside as a result.

Opened a spec thread. 

I would think there will be no side markers, been that case with all previous models. Good luck with your saving :) 

• Like 1

Has anyone seen a photo with a front registration plate attached?

Looks like there's a sensor in the bottom half so it would have to go over the grill in the top half which seems a shame, unless they intend for it to go on the side like an Alfa.

Initially i wasn't sure about the 400Z, i felt it was trying too hard to be retro. 

But after some time and mainly seeing it in some other than that revolting yellow in the press release:

image.png.a63df109b653c73010149b70cd3bc15f.png

image.png.a585773c54ec65d14a5292b3e637b653.png

I really like it!  :throb:

Although you need to see a car like this in the flesh ofc

41 minutes ago, ballistic said:

Initially i wasn't sure about the 400Z, i felt it was trying too hard to be retro. 

But after some time and mainly seeing it in some other than that revolting yellow in the press release:

image.png.a63df109b653c73010149b70cd3bc15f.png

image.png.a585773c54ec65d14a5292b3e637b653.png

I really like it!  :throb:

Although you need to see a car like this in the flesh ofc

Its screaming out for a replacement front bumper though, that mesh (or whatever you want to call it) doesnt look that great on that grey, didnt notice it to the blue or yellow until I seen this, now I cant un see it. 

• Like 1

Hmm, I know its just a render but the back end looks..odd...like a little Mazda or something.  Grey coupe for me... (be good if they went GOTCHA! and brought it here anyway..which they won't lol)